yconic is the place where you can give and get the help you need for your life as a student. To help keep our community an enjoyable, helpful and safe place for all members, please adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Be nice to people. It's okay to provide constructive criticism, but there is no need to insult other members. For example, "X major is over-saturated right now. You might have trouble finding a job" is fine. "Your major is dumb. Have fun working in fast food," is not helpful nor appropriate.
2. Ask actual questions. If you're looking for help with something, titling a thread "HELP, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO" isn't going to appeal to the members that may be best suited to help you. Be specific and title your post with relevant information.
3. Don't abuse the anonymous feature by pretending to be multiple people. Surprise, surprise, we know who posts what :)
4. Please only tag relevant interests when you create a new thread. Adding unrelated interests is unlikely to get you the help you're looking for and can frustrate other members.
5. Avoid spamming. This includes replying to your own thread for the sole purpose of moving it up the discussion feed.
6. Don't expose other people's personal information. If someone is posting anonymously, please respect their privacy.
7. If you see something you don't like, click the 'Report' button in the post menu and a moderator will review it. Please avoid commenting on inappropriate posts as this only encourages them.
8. Did a post help you? Click the "Was this post helpful?" button to help us recognize our most helpful members and so that other people will know the response was...you guessed it, helpful!
If you do not respect our guidelines, you may be temporarily or permanently banned from the yconic community.
Hey! I just finished Gr.11 and will be starting Gr.12 come September and I'm currently rearranging my courses. I'm thinking of applying to the university of Guelph for the BBRM and majoring in equine management. Would Calculus be a recommend course to take in Gr.12? Or Exercise Science? I checked, these are not mandatory to get into the program, but would they be beneficial if I took them now? Also for anyone who is in or taken the BBRM program what do you think of it? Is it a useful bachelor? What are you doing now? Any opinions or suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance!