2012 Schulich BBA/iBBA Acceptances

cocoappleli
Posted: 7:02AM February 04, 2012 UTC
Hi, I just saw a post last year about Schulich acceptances, so I thought that maybe we should also have one this year. 
Post your questions, marks, ECs, and your acceptances here, and we'll get through this stressful time together :) 
Hope to see you all next year!
Was this helpful?
yes 0
647 Responses
EspoirSxH
Posted: 7:03AM March 08, 2012 UTC
Apparently so. Since my school guidance said they are not allowed to upload the progress marks in April, so we dont get any chance to update the marks..only after the finals...it sucks man....so right now it doesnt matter anymore...even tho right now my avg improved from 92 to 93, the school wont update those marks....
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Pawnee
@EspoirSxH wrote
Apparently so. Since my school guidance said they are not allowed to upload the progress marks in April, so we dont get any chance to update the marks..only after the finals...it sucks man....so right now it doesnt matter anymore...even tho right now my avg improved from 92 to 93, the school wont update those marks....

I'm actually kind of glad about that, personally. My marks have already begun to slide, and I'm sure the marks I submitted to OUAC will be higher than those on my April report card. But yeah, there doesn't seem to be an incentive to really improve if they can't view your updated marks :/
Was this helpful?
yes 0
EspoirSxH
@Pawnee wrote

@EspoirSxH wrote

I'm actually kind of glad about that, personally. My marks have already begun to slide, and I'm sure the marks I submitted to OUAC will be higher than those on my April report card. But yeah, there doesn't seem to be an incentive to really improve if they can't view your updated marks :/

awww. I see. Man, to me it sucks..sucks a lot>.<But, let's just pray that....they will accept me...O.o................T.T
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Super
@EspoirSxH wrote

@Pawnee wrote

@EspoirSxH wrote

awww. I see. Man, to me it sucks..sucks a lot>.<But, let's just pray that....they will accept me...O.o................T.T

I don't think this is accurate for all non-semester schools. As much as I don't want this to happen... I am PRETTY sure they do send out marks in April. 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
erudite
Posted: 7:03AM March 09, 2012 UTC
@Super wrote

@EspoirSxH wrote

@Pawnee wrote

@EspoirSxH wrote

I don't think this is accurate for all non-semester schools. As much as I don't want this to happen... I am PRETTY sure they do send out marks in April. 

Can't speak for ALL non-semestered schools, but what they're saying is right. The 2nd term report card marks are already due and finalized, and the transmission IS in April. Even though there is a month gap, the schools are using the marks in the 2nd report for the April OUAC transmission...I talked to my guidance counsellor to make sure. Everything is set in stone right now. It sucks that we can't raise our marks, but on the bright side, it can't lower anyway. In my case, it lowered to 90.66% which is pissing me off, but I have elearning to bump it up. :S
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Augustus1
Yeah, non-semestered are sending in the 2nd term report card which is already finalized.

I dropped from 95.33 in term 1 to 94.5 to term 2. Can't really complain though with how much less effort I put in this term.

Now I can [size=8]RELAX[/size]
Was this helpful?
yes 0
MINTOK
@Augustus1 wrote
Yeah, non-semestered are sending in the 2nd term report card which is already finalized.

I dropped from 95.33 in term 1 to 94.5 to term 2. Can't really complain though with how much less effort I put in this term.

Funny word. You can relax at any time, but remember there is always danger in the comfort zone. :)
Was this helpful?
yes 0
erudite
@Augustus1 wrote

OMG that's amazing. But you should definitely put in effort to bring it up to a 95% so you can get an amazing scholarship!! :)
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Pawnee
So what do you guys think the odds are that the early acceptances will be sent out before the end of March break?
Was this helpful?
yes 0
cocoappleli
Thread Creator
Thread Creator
@Pawnee wrote
So what do you guys think the odds are that the early acceptances will be sent out before the end of March break?

Haha I want them to send out the acceptances NOW.... 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Finance27
I called them a while ago and they said they will begin Mid-March. 
So possibly during this March break, perhaps next week.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
erudite
From their FB page: 
"FALL 2012 HIGH SCHOOL APPLICANTS: We are still busy reading supplementary applications but we are pleased to announce that our FIRST ROUND of offers will be sent out the week of March 12th! Check your MyFile next week. Good Luck and have a fantastic weekend!"
Was this helpful?
yes 0
cocoappleli
Thread Creator
Thread Creator
@erudite wrote
From their FB page: 
"FALL 2012 HIGH SCHOOL APPLICANTS: We are still busy reading supplementary applications but we are pleased to announce that our FIRST ROUND of offers will be sent out the week of March 12th! Check your MyFile next week. Good Luck and have a fantastic weekend!"

lol I was just about to post this
Was this helpful?
yes 0
JumboJet
@cocoappleli wrote

@erudite wrote
From their FB page: 

lol I was just about to post this

As was I, haha. It seems like Facebook is the most effective form of communication between the universities and us applicants! :bounce: 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
EspoirSxH
Oh well. best luck to everyone !! ^^
btw, anyone who is not planning to live on campus for the first year? PM me if you want to be roomate and is thinking about looking for an apt or a condo! Mx 3ppl xD :albino: 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Soccerboy
what was the cut-off average for the first round of acceptances last year? 

Is above 92 enough, with EC's that have plenty of leadership experiences?
Was this helpful?
yes 0
MINTOK
@erudite wrote
From their FB page: 

That's cool. I went to the office yesterday and they told me the end of March. Good luck everyone!
Was this helpful?
yes 0
MRun
@erudite wrote
From their FB page: 

Hey, I searched Schulich on Facebook but I couldn't find the page that says that^.  Could someone post a link to that page?

Thanks! :)
Was this helpful?
yes 0
erudite
@MRun wrote

@erudite wrote
From their FB page: 

Hey, I searched Schulich on Facebook but I couldn't find the page that says that^.  Could someone post a link to that page?

Thanks! :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Schulich-School-of-Business-BBAiBBA/46021443891
Was this helpful?
yes 0
This post was deleted
Windsongs4
@EspoirSxH wrote
Oh well. best luck to everyone !! ^^
btw, anyone who is not planning to live on campus for the first year? PM me if you want to be roomate and is thinking about looking for an apt or a condo! Mx 3ppl xD :albino: 

hey just wondering - why are you getting an apartment instead of res? (looking at pros and cons :P )
Was this helpful?
yes 0
EspoirSxH
Umm...Kinda prefer living outside of the campus :D
xD. Especially if you can live in a condo with your bffs ^^
But then again, if the transporation is inconvenient, then res might be the best choice. 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Windsongs4
true sayy - good luck finding one! :) is it cheaper anywho?
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Asparagustomato
Anyone worried about the recent shootings at the York residences? My parents won't let me res there b/c of that. :C 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Windsongs4
@Asparagustomato wrote
Anyone worried about the recent shootings at the York residences? My parents won't let me res there b/c of that. :C 

my rents also don't want me to go there because of that :( :S
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Looking for the old community? Click here