UTSC Class of 2016?

Rookie
Posted: 7:03AM March 23, 2012 UTC
Hey,

I got admitted to Neuroscience co-op a few days ago and have had some trouble finding other UTSC students :/ (I've found plenty of SG and UTM students!). Wondering if anyone here has been admitted to UTSC or is planning on attending in the fall!
Was this helpful?
yes 0
31 Responses
Anonymous
I unfortunately have not been accepted yet, hopefully I will be prior to May 30th. 

UTSC is my first choice! 

Out of curiosity, What are you planning on doing with your degree in Neuroscience? 

BTW congratulations on your acceptance:cheers: 

Was this helpful?
yes 0
Rookie
Thread Creator
Thread Creator
@Medic93 wrote
I unfortunately have not been accepted yet, hopefully I will be prior to May 30th. 

UTSC is my first choice! 

Out of curiosity, What are you planning on doing with your degree in Neuroscience? 

BTW congratulations on your acceptance:cheers: 

Hey!

Thanks! I got  my acceptance on saturday night :) I really hope I'll be seeing you in September :) Do you know anything about the social life there? I'm planning on living downtown and commuting to UTSC in order to have a better social life--I hear UTSC is a big commuter school. 

Not too sure, probably research or medicine..or might just go into business haha, but it keeps the doors open for research so that's why I took it instead of business
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Anonymous
Looks like we're the only 2 that are planning/going there, I hope more prevail :P 

In terms of social life, you've heard correctly unfortunately. Apparently the social life isn't that great there, but let's be honest, it's what we will make of it! I'm planning on getting highly involved in clubs, join the campus emergency response team, participate in undergraduate research opportunities. 

I seriously hope there is a lot of student housing in the area, I'm planning on moving into a student house. I'm pretty positive I'll meet people that way, I'm not much of a party person, but I wouldn't mind meeting new people at some house parties, if UTSC even does those Haha :P

I selected UTSC over the downtown campus mainly due to the fact that the courses they have are so awesome, especially classes like Clinical Neuropsychology, and Cognitive Neuroscience offered by the Department of Psychology. 

Where are you from btw? 

Was this helpful?
yes 0
Rookie
Thread Creator
Thread Creator
@Medic93 wrote
Looks like we're the only 2 that are planning/going there, I hope more prevail :P 

In terms of social life, you've heard correctly unfortunately. Apparently the social life isn't that great there, but let's be honest, it's what we will make of it! I'm planning on getting highly involved in clubs, join the campus emergency response team, participate in undergraduate research opportunities. 

I seriously hope there is a lot of student housing in the area, I'm planning on moving into a student house. I'm pretty positive I'll meet people that way, I'm not much of a party person, but I wouldn't mind meeting new people at some house parties, if UTSC even does those Haha :P

I selected UTSC over the downtown campus mainly due to the fact that the courses they have are so awesome, especially classes like Clinical Neuropsychology, and Cognitive Neuroscience offered by the Department of Psychology. 

Where are you from btw? 

Yeah I hope to bring the "BROH" to "scarBROH", get it? haha I'm actually planning to have a party at my place to kick things off and meet people and what not before classes start. 

Nice, I actually didn't know about the courses, I just knew that the Neuroscience program at UTSC was a specialization, so I would take more neuroscience-related classes, cool stuff though. 

I'm coming from Peru! I grew up in Mississauga, Ontario and moved to Vancouver, BC when i was 12, and just recently moved to Lima, Peru for grade 11 and 12 :) how about you?
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Anonymous
Haha nice one, and yeah we should definitely get some parties going before we begin our studies at UTSC. I seriously want to reshape peoples perspective on the UTSC social scene and make it more vibrant. I know schools like Queens and Western are notable for their "Amazing student experience" but I was more concerned about course offerings lol. 

I actually grew up in Mississauga as well, lived there for 17 years, until last year when I moved to Hamilton and I've been living here ever since. 

I must say, it's pretty interesting that you've moved around quite a bit!

Are you planning on attending frosh week? I am for sure, I don't want to miss out :P 

I'm also planning on moving to Scarborough at least a week prior to beginning Uni. 

Are you fully set on moving downtown? You sure you don't want to give Scarborough student housing a shot :P 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Rookie
Thread Creator
Posted: 7:03AM March 24, 2012 UTC
Thread Creator
@Medic93 wrote
Haha nice one, and yeah we should definitely get some parties going before we begin our studies at UTSC. I seriously want to reshape peoples perspective on the UTSC social scene and make it more vibrant. I know schools like Queens and Western are notable for their "Amazing student experience" but I was more concerned about course offerings lol. 

I actually grew up in Mississauga as well, lived there for 17 years, until last year when I moved to Hamilton and I've been living here ever since. 

I must say, it's pretty interesting that you've moved around quite a bit!

Are you planning on attending frosh week? I am for sure, I don't want to miss out :P 

I'm also planning on moving to Scarborough at least a week prior to beginning Uni. 

Are you fully set on moving downtown? You sure you don't want to give Scarborough student housing a shot :P 

Nice! what part of Mississauga? (maybe pm me that haha and your facebook too if you have one!) For sure! when's frosh week? I don't think I'll be in town until September 1 or so though :S 

Yeah I'm pretty set on moving downtown, but you never know haha I need to find a roommate first. You see, I want to rent one of those nice sky scraper condos? When you split the rent for a 2 bedroom 50/50, it can be the same or not much more than the housing at campus. But in that scenario, I would prefer to have my own place to have friends from out of town over and be able to walk home from activities I do DT and what not. Also, I'm planning on hosting a party in that condo :P
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Anonymous
Posted: 7:03AM March 24, 2012 UTC
That sounds awesome, BTW I'll be PM'ing you! 

That actually sounds awesome, It'll be an awesome experience to live downtown in a skyscraper condo.

September 4th it apparently starts, but don't worry you'll make it in time even if the dates I researched aren't correct. 

Was this helpful?
yes 0
Djohnson2012
Posted: 7:03AM March 26, 2012 UTC
Not sure if this is the right place to post this;
I received an e-mail from UofT but I'm not sure if I'm in or not.
Can someone post a UofT offer of admission so that I can see what it looks like?
Thanks.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Rookie
Thread Creator
Posted: 7:04AM April 02, 2012 UTC
Thread Creator
@Djohnson2012 wrote
Not sure if this is the right place to post this;
I received an e-mail from UofT but I'm not sure if I'm in or not.
Can someone post a UofT offer of admission so that I can see what it looks like?
Thanks.

You should check the U of T App Checker:

https://join.utoronto.ca/

If you're accepted, it will tell you (trust me, you can't miss it)

Were you applying to the Scarborough campus? :D
Was this helpful?
yes 0
NickBuchny
Posted: 7:04AM April 03, 2012 UTC
Hey I just got accepted as well,(UTSC)! I'm really excited, I figured I could drop a message here and make some friends before I even start attending. I'll be going for the Neuroscience(non-coop) as well. I figure I can talk to professors during the first year and ask if there is a benefit in taking co-op with the career path I'm interested in. 

Hope to hear from you guys! 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Rookie
Thread Creator
Thread Creator
@NickBuchny wrote
Hey I just got accepted as well,(UTSC)! I'm really excited, I figured I could drop a message here and make some friends before I even start attending. I'll be going for the Neuroscience(non-coop) as well. I figure I can talk to professors during the first year and ask if there is a benefit in taking co-op with the career path I'm interested in. 

Hope to hear from you guys! 

Shot you up a PM! :)
Was this helpful?
yes 0
bitetheapple
hey everyone!
I got accepted to psychology at utsc, im just waiting for coop though :(
does anyone know ppl who got into coop psychology? 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Rookie
Thread Creator
Posted: 7:04AM April 07, 2012 UTC
Thread Creator
Hey, just a shoutout to the person who PMed me, I couldn't reply because you PMed me from a guest account :/ 

To you and anyone interested in or planning to attend UTSC, check out the fb group U of T Scarborough (UTSC) Class of 2016!:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/372736586093820/

It's always good to know some people going in so you're not completely new :)
Was this helpful?
yes 0
MasontheReaper
I got my acceptance for UTSC Coop in February for the Mental Health Studies program. One of my best friends was accepted in February too for the Neuroscience Coop. Another one of my classmates is in for non-coop psychology (accepted last week I think).

My mum's a highschool teacher and apparently a bunch of her students have been accepted for Management Studies Coop.

Soo... yep. That's about all I know regarding UTSC.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Anonymous
Yay, finally people who are going into either Psychology or Mental Health Studies! 

Was this helpful?
yes 0
jschiralli
Posted: 7:04AM April 08, 2012 UTC
i got accepted for mental health studies co-op at utsc but i'm still trying to decide between that and utsg social science.  i change my mind everyday hahah
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Davo
Posted: 7:04AM April 13, 2012 UTC
I got accepted by UTSC into its Neuroscience program, non-coop. @rookie, almost the same time as you.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
twinkleinthesky
Posted: 7:04AM April 21, 2012 UTC
This is exciting! :) I got accepted to neuroscience co-op as well! But I'm still debating between utsc and utsg life sci because of Vic One.
It sounds like commuting would be a lot of trouble since the TTC travel is an hour long. That still sounds nice though :)
Was this helpful?
yes 0
ashaiboy94
Posted: 7:04AM April 29, 2012 UTC
Didn't mean to revive this thread unnecessarily, but I also hope to attend UTSC. Who plans to live on campus because I'm from Oakville and although UTSC is a commuter school, I sorta would want to live on res.

Oh ya, I applied for non-coop Neuroscience.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
fateh01
Posted: 7:05AM May 06, 2012 UTC
lol hey guys, i got in for biological sciences (non coop) back in march. I'm in brampton  so I'll be commuting like most people going to UTSC. Any people in the same program? (I plan on going for the Human Bio specialization lol).

Just like a few others, I also wanna know some people before school starts, no one from my school (that I talk to) is going D:
Was this helpful?
yes 0
xoblackout
Posted: 7:05AM May 07, 2012 UTC
@ashaiboy94 wrote
Didn't mean to revive this thread unnecessarily, but I also hope to attend UTSC. Who plans to live on campus because I'm from Oakville and although UTSC is a commuter school, I sorta would want to live on res.

Oh ya, I applied for non-coop Neuroscience.

hey! I'm planning on living on residence! The townhouse for first year students.

I might see you there!

I'm going into psychology.

Does anyone know if you can apply for coop in psyc in second year (like in waterloo)? Because im 90% sure i wouldve gotten accepted for psychology coop at utsc, but i applied for another program and switched into psyc program in like march =/ so by then, psyc coop was already full or something.

see all you guys at utsc!
Was this helpful?
yes 0
jschiralli
Posted: 7:05AM May 07, 2012 UTC
@xoblackout wrote

Does anyone know if you can apply for coop in psyc in second year (like in waterloo)? Because im 90% sure i wouldve gotten accepted for psychology coop at utsc, but i applied for another program and switched into psyc program in like march =/ so by then, psyc coop was already full or something.

You can apply for co-op after first or second year I think.  I got into the co-op program but I remember one of the recruitment officers from UTSC telling me that people can still apply after first year!
Was this helpful?
yes 0
phoop
Posted: 7:05AM May 24, 2012 UTC
woop, thead bump! I've also been admittied to UTSC and I'm most likely doing res, though if possible, I'm looking into the option of staying somewhere downtown and commuting to scarborough. Hopefully social life won't be too bad, despite UTSC being a commuter school.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Bscit
Posted: 7:05AM May 30, 2012 UTC
Accepted a while ago for Computer Science.
Im excited about university.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Caroshin
Posted: 7:06AM June 03, 2012 UTC
Accepted to Biological sciences, hoping to either get to SG or neuroscience program (non coop) transfer though (required average is about the same I believe) =\
Bleh this alternative offer.. rather be doing chem than bio LOL 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Looking for the old community? Click here