OSAP Question

stephmck
Posted: 7:10AM October 30, 2012 UTC
I finished a semester 6 months ago and I'm currently not in school this semester. What would I have to do with OSAP if I want to switch to another program at a different university next fall semester? I'm unable to pay OSAP at this time. Is RAP the only choice I have?
Was this helpful?
yes 0
5 Responses
OSAP101
Posted: 7:11AM November 21, 2012 UTC
@stephmck wrote
I finished a semester 6 months ago and I'm currently not in school this semester. What would I have to do with OSAP if I want to switch to another program at a different university next fall semester? I'm unable to pay OSAP at this time. Is RAP the only choice I have?

Yes, it is.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Anonymous
Posted: 7:12AM December 23, 2012 UTC
@stephmck wrote

They will automatically begin deducting money to pay back your OSAP six months after you've been out of school. Even if you're planning on enrolling in another program in the future. To prevent the withdrawals you need to show proof of enrollment at your new school.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
TaherYoussouf
Posted: 7:03AM March 07, 2013 UTC
hello!!
After, my graduation I took a year off school and started working to save some money for college. I have an offer in a college in Alberta . What I am worried about is the mount I am going to save won't be enough to support my needs when I move and start school Also, iI am not planning to have a job while attending school. So, I am wondering if the amount I am going to be able to save would affect on the amount I may get from OSAP? Am I going to be eligible for OSAP at all? I know that they will estimate me based on my net income.But if they are gonna assesses me based on what I had last year that's kinda unfair.I have expenses and I actually can't afford to save up a lot of my past year's income. It doesn't make any sense if it's based on last year's income and I am going to school on sept 2014 .
thanks in advance for any advice :)
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Anonymous
Posted: 7:03AM March 14, 2013 UTC
@TaherYoussouf wrote
hello!!
After, my graduation I took a year off school and started working to save some money for college. I have an offer in a college in Alberta . What I am worried about is the mount I am going to save won't be enough to support my needs when I move and start school Also, iI am not planning to have a job while attending school. So, I am wondering if the amount I am going to be able to save would affect on the amount I may get from OSAP? Am I going to be eligible for OSAP at all? I know that they will estimate me based on my net income.But if they are gonna assesses me based on what I had last year that's kinda unfair.I have expenses and I actually can't afford to save up a lot of my past year's income. It doesn't make any sense if it's based on last year's income and I am going to school on sept 2014 .
thanks in advance for any advice :)

Significant savings amounts may affect your OSAP amount.

As well, yes, your net income is based off last year's income. You should be working during school.

See http://www.studentawards.com/Forum.aspx?g=posts&t=179&p=38 for OSAP questions.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
OSAP101
Posted: 7:05AM May 14, 2013 UTC
The amount earned in your pre-study period is the critical amount that will affect your funding
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Looking for the old community? Click here