UBC sauder vs. Dalhousie Commerce

carolinemacmillan
Posted: 7:03AM March 12, 2013 UTC
I am from Ontario and got accepted into UBC Sauder last week :) I have been to Vancouver once and love the city and the distance isn't that big of a concern. My concerns for UBC is the fact that it is a large and competitive school and I am worried it ill be hard to maintain a decent average. I am interested in participating in the Go Global and co-op program but I am not sure how competitive they are to get accepted in to. With Dal co-op is mandatory where as UBC is not. I am wondering what are the pro's and con's of each school and where I should go?!
Has anyone else been accepted to Sauder yet??
Thanks!
Was this helpful?
yes 0
4 Responses
Anonymous
No brainer...unless you want to go to a Last Chance U, go to UBC. You didn't work hard to end up at a community college.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
gassergasser
I'd even suggest Laurier or Western over Dalhousie. I know people with averages in the 70s that got into Dal for business. Halifax is a nice city but I hear finding good co-op jobs in the city center is hard. Dal also has some of the highest tuition rates in the country, I have no idea why. Vancouver is a very pricey city as well, but Sauder does have the recognition for being an excellent program.

Personally I'd find it a wasted opportunity to not go to Sauder, but it is your life so make sure you go where you think you'll be happy. 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
carolinemacmillan
Thread Creator
Thread Creator
@gassergasser wrote
I'd even suggest Laurier or Western over Dalhousie. I know people with averages in the 70s that got into Dal for business. Halifax is a nice city but I hear finding good co-op jobs in the city center is hard. Dal also has some of the highest tuition rates in the country, I have no idea why. Vancouver is a very pricey city as well, but Sauder does have the recognition for being an excellent program.

Personally I'd find it a wasted opportunity to not go to Sauder, but it is your life so make sure you go where you think you'll be happy. 

Good point. Western would have been in my top 2 if I hadn't missed the AEO deadline and I don't really see what use a BMOS will be when I can get a bcomm. I know Laurier has a good program but I don't really want to live in Waterloo. I'm pretty much set on UBC but my parents want me to check out Dal and think it would be good.. 
I'm only worried for the strong competition at UBC and how that will affect my grades. 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
jpoon24
Posted: 7:03AM March 17, 2013 UTC
From what I've heard, Sauder isn't extremely challenging and they're not graded on a curve so how well your classmates do won't affect your marks. They say the hardest part is getting in so I wouldn't worry about it :)
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Looking for the old community? Click here