I push myself to the limits everyday but I never feel satisfied..I always feel I haven't done enough

Partner
Posted: 7:04AM April 30, 2013 UTC
I want to be very best and it is driving me to exhaustion. :bounce: 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
8 Responses
Anonymous
So study some more until insanity ensues.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Partner
Thread Creator
Thread Creator
@Razear wrote

It is not just my studies...
Was this helpful?
yes 0
CyanicSparrow
Posted: 7:05AM May 01, 2013 UTC
@Partner wrote

@Razear wrote

It is not just my studies...

Please ignore Razear, who is clearly insensitive to mental health issues. Perfection can be pathological in overachieving individuals, leading exceptional people to think that they are inadequate. Such issues might seem benign but they can quickly spiral into anxiety or depression if not mitigated. I suggest you read "When Perfect Isn't Good Enough: Strategies for coping with Perfectionism". I haven't read it myself, but in my program these issues are common and my first year facilitator insists it is an insightful read. If you are comfortable with being open about mental health, then the best thing to do is to see a psychologist and having counselling sessions. 

Good luck
Was this helpful?
yes 0
siekat
@Partner wrote
I want to be very best and it is driving me to exhaustion. :bounce: 

So...Tell me about your mother. 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
OneTrueMoment
A human's greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but it's the fact that we are powerful beyond measure. We have the capacity to do many great things. However, do not use this as a motive to feel unsatisfied with yourself. Moderation is the key to feeling satisfied.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
blackmarket1
I thought you said you were done with this forum....

:batman: 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Anonymous
@CyanicSparrow wrote
Please ignore Razear, who is clearly insensitive to mental health issues. Perfection can be pathological in overachieving individuals, leading exceptional people to think that they are inadequate. Such issues might seem benign but they can quickly spiral into anxiety or depression if not mitigated. I suggest you read "When Perfect Isn't Good Enough: Strategies for coping with Perfectionism". I haven't read it myself, but in my program these issues are common and my first year facilitator insists it is an insightful read. If you are comfortable with being open about mental health, then the best thing to do is to see a psychologist and having counselling sessions. 

Good luck

Love how the Mac Health Sci guy presumes I'm clueless about mental illness when I am an OCDer.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
siekat
OP has an identity crisis or something. They're Tomsuzie and Null, claimed that they were Chinese, then white and now they're Tobi from Naruto. And then Goldman Sachs to a McDonald's. Not to mention their cryptic trolling. 
Was this helpful?
yes 0

Looking for the old community? Click here