MAC HealthSci 2012 Uni Supp App

Galactical
Posted: 7:08AM August 03, 2011 UTC
as the title says, when will the supplementary application for 2012 university applicants be available? i am going to mcgill this year but thinking of transferring to mac health sci next year. if anyone has the app already, plz give me the questions..i want to to do the questions this august since i am so bored.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
1562 Responses
LJustin
Posted: 7:02AM February 03, 2012 UTC
@pupil wrote

@LJustin wrote

@CyanicSparrow wrote

@LJustin wrote

@pupil wrote
^^I like how focused your first paragraph was and I think that you did a good job throughout the application of catering towards a lot of the qualities the program is looking for. I also think that your 'word' response was really unique; I'd be surprised if anyone else wrote about that. 

If you're looking for some constructive criticism, I think for all three responses it seemed like you just threw in some qualities at the end (I did this too :P) so the conclusions were a little bit weak. I like how some people from previous years were able to intertwine those more effectively throughout their responses. All in all though, well done :). 

Do you mind me asking how your average is standing?

Yeah, I felt my conclusions were pretty bad too ... I like putting in all the "important" stuff at the end for some reason. And I don't think it would've made sense for my answer as a whole if I had them in between. Then again, english was never my strong suit.

I'd be flabbergasted if anyone else picked my word. 

My average ... lets just say not good.

Now you must post yours :bounce: 

Your supplementary application was down to earth, I thought. It gave me insight into your personality. 

However, I was confused in your first response. You stated that you do not see those that judge/critize you, but in the end you stated criticism was something that helped you grow.

Your second paragraph had a humerous undertone to it. I thought the response was very creative and witty.

Oh, I see what you mean. I was trying to say that when I'm playing I don't see it (sorta like how some people snicker at you), but if they speak to me or give me advice then I'll try and follow as best I can. 

I probably should've put that in ... d'oh!

Heh, futuredoc said the same thing about my second response. It wasn't intentional, it just happened to end up like that.

@pupil wrote
Fair enough, but do you mind if I send it to your inbox?

Of course I don't mind. :)

I sent you it a few minutes ago and I suddenly feel very nervous :P. 

Don't be, I just replied back. :)
Was this helpful?
yes 0
This post was deleted
pupil
@LJustin wrote

@pupil wrote

@LJustin wrote

@CyanicSparrow wrote

@LJustin wrote

@pupil wrote
^^I like how focused your first paragraph was and I think that you did a good job throughout the application of catering towards a lot of the qualities the program is looking for. I also think that your 'word' response was really unique; I'd be surprised if anyone else wrote about that. 

If you're looking for some constructive criticism, I think for all three responses it seemed like you just threw in some qualities at the end (I did this too :P) so the conclusions were a little bit weak. I like how some people from previous years were able to intertwine those more effectively throughout their responses. All in all though, well done :). 

Do you mind me asking how your average is standing?

Yeah, I felt my conclusions were pretty bad too ... I like putting in all the "important" stuff at the end for some reason. And I don't think it would've made sense for my answer as a whole if I had them in between. Then again, english was never my strong suit.

I'd be flabbergasted if anyone else picked my word. 

My average ... lets just say not good.

Now you must post yours :bounce: 

Your supplementary application was down to earth, I thought. It gave me insight into your personality. 

However, I was confused in your first response. You stated that you do not see those that judge/critize you, but in the end you stated criticism was something that helped you grow.

Your second paragraph had a humerous undertone to it. I thought the response was very creative and witty.

Oh, I see what you mean. I was trying to say that when I'm playing I don't see it (sorta like how some people snicker at you), but if they speak to me or give me advice then I'll try and follow as best I can. 

I probably should've put that in ... d'oh!

Heh, futuredoc said the same thing about my second response. It wasn't intentional, it just happened to end up like that.

@pupil wrote
Fair enough, but do you mind if I send it to your inbox?

Of course I don't mind. :)

I sent you it a few minutes ago and I suddenly feel very nervous :P. 

Don't be, I just replied back. :)

Got it, thanks :). That's the first time someone other then my mom or brother read it so it feels good to kinda get if off my chest. 

Now I want to read some more! Start posting people :D. 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
LJustin
@pupil wrote
Got it, thanks :). That's the first time someone other then my mom or brother read it so it feels good to kinda get if off my chest. 

Now I want to read some more! Start posting people :D. 

I second this! :bounce: 

EDIT: I took mine down already (for the time being). I'll post it again once the Lv II deadline passes.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
ericz58
@LJustin wrote

@ericz58 wrote

@ibstudent12 wrote
Did anyone else get their offer of admission for life sci and nursing from McMaster?

Yep! For life sci at mcmaster :), didn't apply for nursing though

Mind telling me what your average was for Early Acceptance?

fast tracked few courses so these are final marks:

grade 11:
11 eng: 90
bio: 93
chem: 93
tech: 96
functions: 99
physics: 97
law: 90

fast tracked:
advance functions: 99 (final)
data: 94 (final)-want to replace with calc this semester
12 eng: 93

not the greatest but probably cause i fast tracked they saw like 3 of my grade 12 marks before first semester is done
Was this helpful?
yes 0
LJustin
@ericz58 wrote

@LJustin wrote

@ericz58 wrote

@ibstudent12 wrote
Did anyone else get their offer of admission for life sci and nursing from McMaster?

grade 11:

fast tracked:

not the greatest but probably cause i fast tracked they saw like 3 of my grade 12 marks before first semester is done

Holy .. so a top 6 average of like 95-96 ... My god = =

And still not the greatest? You're being modest xD
Was this helpful?
yes 0
pupil
I've seen quite a few  of you with acceptances from Western Biomed on this forum. Mind sharing when you got accepted?
Was this helpful?
yes 0
ericz58
@LJustin wrote

@ericz58 wrote

@LJustin wrote

@ericz58 wrote

@ibstudent12 wrote

grade 11:

fast tracked:

lmao, I got off lucky (good teachers) and plus, it is really the supplementary that counts the most now :)
Was this helpful?
yes 0
ericz58
@pupil wrote
I've seen quite a few  of you with acceptances from Western Biomed on this forum. Mind sharing when you got accepted?

Got an acceptance email for western biomed on Jan. 30th
Was this helpful?
yes 0
LJustin
@ericz58 wrote

@LJustin wrote

@ericz58 wrote

@LJustin wrote

@ericz58 wrote

@ibstudent12 wrote

grade 11:

fast tracked:

lmao, I got off lucky (good teachers) and plus, it is really the supplementary that counts the most now :)

Very true. Did you get a chance to see mine?
Was this helpful?
yes 0
This post was deleted
lesson1
Posted: 7:02AM February 04, 2012 UTC
hey guys, when is it safe to post your supp online? i.e. when will all the applications (incl. type 2) have been submitted? i'd love to hear what you guys think about my supp but i'm a little weary of posting it just yet.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
lesson1
also, does anyone know if there are minimum grade requirements for specific courses (in addition to the minimum 90% average)? like for example, i know mcgill science requires a minimum 85% in calculus in addition to a 93%+ average overall- any lower and you're automatically taken out of the applicant pool. 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
JBoy
@lesson1 wrote
also, does anyone know if there are minimum grade requirements for specific courses (in addition to the minimum 90% average)? like for example, i know mcgill science requires a minimum 85% in calculus in addition to a 93%+ average overall- any lower and you're automatically taken out of the applicant pool. 

I don't thimk Mcmaster BHSc has specific grade requirements. They did not specify that in ther website. You just have to get oveer the 90% minimum requirement.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
JBoy
Hello, Does anyone know When the out-of-proivince applicants will receive admission
decisions? 

I kind of assume that it is between late February to late March.
I know In-province applicants will receive theirs at the beginning of May.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
CyberGR
Hey guys... I have an 89.75% average after first semester!! Does this mean I will be rejected :( ? I have some prerequisites 2nd semester which include biology, english, and an elective... Will i still be considered? 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
JBoy
@CyberGR wrote
Hey guys... I have an 89.75% average after first semester!! Does this mean I will be rejected :( ? I have some prerequisites 2nd semester which include biology, english, and an elective... Will i still be considered? 

I think there is a possiblity of rejection, but I think you should call or email them personally so that you could be still considered.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
ibstudent12
@LJustin wrote

@ericz58 wrote

@ibstudent12 wrote

I got accepted before Sem 1 final marks came out so I don't know if they used sem 1 midterms or grade 11 but my avg in grade 11 was 93 and for grade 12 it's 97 for sem 1.

Hope this helps!
Was this helpful?
yes 0
ibstudent12
@pupil wrote

Western sent out letters around Feb. 1, 2012.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
pupil
Thank you for the replies. It seems like people with a whole range of averages are being accepted which seems odd to me. I guess I don't really have anything to worry about, but I'd still like to have the assurance that I've been accepted somewhere :P.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
This post was deleted
pupil
@fxoqxc wrote
is ANYONE going to post their apps? D:

After you ;). 
Was this helpful?
yes 0
anotherxnight
Ahaha. Why don't we just say what our words/words we heard being used are first?
Was this helpful?
yes 0
andrewk512
Posted: 7:02AM February 05, 2012 UTC
@JBoy wrote
Hello, Does anyone know When the out-of-proivince applicants will receive admission
decisions? 

I kind of assume that it is between late February to late March.
I know In-province applicants will receive theirs at the beginning of May.

Should be a few weeks into March. I think some OOPs were also accepted in May, I can't remember.
Was this helpful?
yes 0
nczegledy
Posted: 7:02AM February 05, 2012 UTC
@anotherxnight wrote
Ahaha. Why don't we just say what our words/words we heard being used are first?

I know a lot of people used words like home, love, hope, and someone who did f**k. 

Little paranoid about posting my word, because I used a word that isn't in the Oxford Dictionary, so not sure if it is technically a word (but it has been around since before Shakespeare). I chose it because it is universal across just about every language. I was a bit nervous about the technicality of it, but I think in the end it comes across fairly well.  
Was this helpful?
yes 0
Looking for the old community? Click here