yconic - any chance to go in to Waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

any chance to go in to Waterloo

A photo of Theresa96 Theresa96
Hello, I have apply for Actuarial Science in Waterloo.I have been in Canada for 4 years, so i don't need to have Tofel test.
My Average is 85.33
Mcv:87
MHF:86
Economic:90
International business:94(night school)
Financial security:85
English:70(Dayschool Repeated)
I have took English last year, but only get sixty something, so i repeated it this year,I want to upgrad my mark and improve my English. My school have pretty good reputation and the teacher are marking very hard. There are only a few of students get 80+ in my English class, but i don't want to go to Private school, People said it not teach anythings. will waterloo very care about repeated credit and nightschool credit?
will they deduct my average? Do you think i have a chance get the offer from waterloo?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of YipAlpha YipAlpha
For engineering, I know they penalize you for any repeat grade 12 courses. Waterloo probably does the same for science too...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
shouldnt be too hard to get into math at UW.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I worry about my mark is not enough. Although in the viewbook, it said the admission average is low 80; last year, one of my friend also applied this program, her average is 83, still got rejected. She called to the office, and they tell her that the admission average have change to mid 80.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of danselikeme danselikeme

@Theresa96 wrote
Hello, I have apply for Actuarial Science in Waterloo.I have been in Canada for 4 years, so i don't need to have Tofel test.
My Average is 85.33
Mcv:87
MHF:86
Economic:90
International business:94(night school)
Financial security:85
English:70(Dayschool Repeated)
I have took English last year, but only get sixty something, so i repeated it this year,I want to upgrad my mark and improve my English. My school have pretty good reputation and the teacher are marking very hard. There are only a few of students get 80+ in my English class, but i don't want to go to Private school, People said it not teach anythings. will waterloo very care about repeated credit and nightschool credit?
will they deduct my average? Do you think i have a chance get the offer from waterloo?

.. you may need a 75% for english but i COULD be wrong. but you should be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
well that depends. are you applying for the coop program?

my friend who had a low english mark (probably low 70s high 60s) originally applied for coop CS at waterloo, and didnt get the offer - he got CS regular instead. his CS proficiencies were pretty good, he just wasnt a hard worker at all.

I think you'll get accepted though, since Math is less competitive.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aimango wrote
well that depends. are you applying for the coop program?

my friend who had a low english mark (probably low 70s high 60s) originally applied for coop CS at waterloo, and didnt get the offer - he got CS regular instead. his CS proficiencies were pretty good, he just wasnt a hard worker at all.

I think you'll get accepted though, since Math is less competitive.

what is the average of your friend? If it deducted my average, my average will become 84, only low80
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I have got the offer from UT, but still waiting the waterloo one.
I think the next wave is coming, lets see...
Was this helpful? Yes 0