yconic - ExtraCirriculars for Comp Sci/Software Eng
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

ExtraCirriculars for Comp Sci/Software Eng

A photo of iRamie iRamie
Just so i don't panic when come time to 2012 admissions and run around looking for work experience. Tell me if this will be good for my admission or if i need more.

Programming Languages I Know:
PHP(Basic)
Java(Advanced)
C++ (Intermediate)
SQL (Intermediate)
Visual Basic (Advanced)

Experience:
I have a ton of experience, but i haven't worked that much for "official company" because i just don't have time to listen to someone telling me what to make -.- and asking me to do adjustments. I probably have like 70 hours developing for a company.

I make Android Apps.
I also have my own private servers. Runescape, Minecraft (Open Source), and World of Warcraft. They are played by over 1000 players all over the world.
http://kalinor.com
http://estrania.net (<---Beta, Testing Scripts :D)

My Marks Top 6
MHF3U - 76 (Screwed up Exam)
SCH3U - 75 (3 Teachers, 1 got fired, last one marked exam = screwed up)
TEJ3O - 93
SPH3U - 79
ENG3U - 88
ICS3U - 99

Average: 85

How can i show them that i do all this stuff? Do i just put a link on my AIF even though its not a real company?
How big of a factor will this make in my admission process?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of aimango aimango
I recommend creating a personal webpage and having a "projects" section where you talk about all your projects and maybe even upload them for people to see.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie

@aimango wrote
I recommend creating a personal webpage and having a "projects" section where you talk about all your projects and maybe even upload them for people to see.

LOL But if i did it myself will they regard it?
Also, what should i do? Just show a project area and show the source code link for each project?
Do you think they will actually have the time to go visit the website when I apply.
Was this helpful? Yes 0