yconic - What are things you wish somebody told you before entering University?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What are things you wish somebody told you before entering University?

A photo of jdizzy jdizzy
[size=7]What are some things that you wish somebody told you before entering University?
[/size]

I'll start off:

Well, for me, I wish somebody told me how important choosing courses was so I didn't choose based on what my friends picked just so I can be with them. Wasted my time.

What about you guys?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Don't slack off in 1st/2nd year if you plan on pursuing grad/professional school after. The more courses you take, the harder it is to improve your cumulative GPA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gargarensi gargarensi
Unless you have rich parents, you'll be in debt by second year
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@gargarensi wrote

Or if you can pull in scholarships. Or score lucrative co-op/summer jobs
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue

@gargarensi wrote

My father is not working and my mother does not have the means to support me financially either. I am not in debt because I chose my school wisely (good scholarships and great work opportunities), don't waste money, and have worked my way into a position that makes decent money for the summers. If you are financially literate, debt may not be necessary.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Do NOT take 8 AM courses if you do not live in res.. unless you live 5 minutes away. Even 9 AM courses this year was a challenge to get to because I have to commute for almost an hour.
:bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0