yconic - What do you do when you feel scared about not passing a course or a subject?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

What do you do when you feel scared about not passing a course or a subject?

A photo of neanne neanne
As for me, I usually want to be left alone since I wanna concentrate on thinking what should my next move be. There are times that I also cry and that makes me feel a lot better :) I just wanna know what you guys do.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
27 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
well I make sure that I do A LOT of studying. I prep myself for tests and projects, starting on studying or making ideas for the projects right away. I find it easier to do little amounts of studying over a long period of time than cramming it all in at once. when exams come around I don't just study for the first exam I have. I study for all of them, just at small amount at a time for the last two weeks before exams. I review everything I did at the beginning of the semester, work my way to the end of all my classes, then work my way backwards, re-doing questions or anything I might have missed that could help freshen things up in my head. Also, I find when I'm quizing someone else on the questions, it helps stick in my head because I'm reading problems out loud and I hear the problems being solved by my study partner. I usually just study for an hour on each subject a day (four subjects total)and the night before the exam I review everything for just the one class and make quick jot notes on everything to look over on the bus ride to school. Then I'm usually ready
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Fortunately I haven't been in that situation, but when I'm stressed about marks I like to take my mind off it and also like to take my anger out on something. So I play hockey, which combines the two :hockey:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Nothing. I have never felt like I could or would fail a course because I'm perfect and have always maintained an A average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kiyomi Kiyomi
All I can ever do is use the fear to push me to work harder, study more and do better!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sportsman sportsman
Drop it ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nc2chicken nc2chicken
I usually just wait and see how much the professor curves the grades because when they do, I realize I will end up with a much better mark than others because of the many other people who do not try as hard :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
I haven't been in the situation of not passing, but when I find myself not performing to my usual standards, I sit down and really think about it. Often for hours.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fionn fionn
I talk it out with a friend and then study, study, study!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emo1322 emo1322
Preparation starts right at the beginning when you get your course syllabus. I usually make sure to write all my tests down on a calendar, and start studying for each test a week in advance. I am a visual learner so i usually type out all my study notes for classes so that i have a nice, neat, study guide (these study guides are handy to have for finals) I am in the health field so i usually write examples that i have thought up in highlighter next to the content in the study guide, but it probably helps for other subjects too. Remember, while studying do not stress, take FREQUENT breaks because the mind remembers most what has been studied at the beginning of what has been read and at the end as well. It is also great to remain relaxed in the testing setting, get adequate sleep (don't stay up all night) After the test if you have felt you have done not as well as planned, just brush it off and forget about it, it is the best thing to do so your negative feelings don't carry on to another subject.
Hope this helps :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Yeah, I'd suggest dropping it

You should never be in a zone where your mark is that low, it can hurt your GPA
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mcgonip mcgonip
I always find it hard to keep up with everything like classes and sports and stuff outside of school
I find that if I make lists lists and lists i can keep track
sometimes when i get really busy i make a super scheduale that has time by time activities i have to do
anal, yes but it works!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of riverbkstar riverbkstar
Well im pretty smart ive never failed a course and god willling i never will. Its kinda like what i do when im about to take a big test. think about calming yourself down and study all that you have learned. When you start a new course that may be challenging, plan ahead. study 3 times a week bout wat ur learning. we rite ur notes. find a good study buddy in ur classwho wont bring u down. plan ahead and be confident
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of qtgirl qtgirl
STUDY HARD!!! Cuz while I'm sitting there worrying about it, I'm actually wasting precious study time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jennynd jennynd
If I failed something I would die. Usually if I do badly in a course, I freak out and start studying. I also complain. A LOT.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jennynd jennynd
If I failed something I would die. Usually if I do badly in a course, I freak out and start studying. I also complain. A LOT.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rbkhockey21 rbkhockey21
study haaard, and have a heart to heart with my mom ♥
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Samantha6518 Samantha6518
I go to the library or another quiet place to study hard and prepare. Its actually a lot easier to study in places like those since you dont have the distractions of tv and such to distract you. Also writing out your notes a few times tends to help the information stick a little better than just reading it. Try those out and see if they help you. You can always talk to the teachers as well to help you out. If they remember your face when they read your exam, theyre usually a little more sympathetic as opposed to if your just another number in their class.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kono Kono
I try and get as much help from outside sources such as friends and teachers as possible.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of MReiser MReiser
Remember that when anything is going wrong your family and friends are your support system and are always going to be there to help you through difficult times. Also your teachers or professors are much more willing to help than some people believe. Don't go to them and complain that you're not doing well, but instead find something specifically that you do not understand or are struggling with and ask them a specific question about it that shows you have made an effort to learn it on your own.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kabsab kabsab
I get upset and then remember all the times I'm sitting here wasting time. Then i feel guilty and less upset... of course there's the long hours of studying after to make up for the guilt =P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ramananmano ramananmano
Whenever I'm stressed out about academic grades, I'd go to bed early. When I wake up I set my mind on excelling in the course. I think about the amount of effort I put to get to where I am. Once the finals are done and there's nothing left to be done I relax knowing that regardless of what my results are I can rest peacefully knowing that did my best.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LauraWood24 LauraWood24
I make sure that I get down to studying. To do this, I create a schedule so that I feel guilty when I'm not studying that subject that i'm scared to fail when i should be studying. Also i find studying with friends helps (although not close friends who may distract you) because they push you, motivate you, and sometimes compete with you in studying. That'll push up your marks :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Aima Aima
When i feel scared, i look at a book with all my achievements and then i sit down and focus. I also ask for help and go to the library.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted