yconic - 2 classes/semester, part time student. will this effect my scholarship?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

2 classes/semester, part time student. will this effect my scholarship?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I've been accepted to UofT, St George, University College for Criminology. I currently have 3 classes, but want to drop one, which would mean I would have 2 classes this semester. Would that make me a part-time student, and would the status of part-time student effect my scholarships? Most of which have stated that you need to be a full-time student in order to qualify. But, the reason I'm dropping this class is that I already have 5U courses, and only really need 1 more to graduate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Hunter14 Hunter14
I'm pretty sure that by full-time student they mean a full time student at their university not while in high school. So when you register you have to be registered in enough classes (I think 5) to be considered a full-time student by the university otherwise you no longer qualify for the scholarship. So you should be fine dropping the class! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Hunter14 wrote
I'm pretty sure that by full-time student they mean a full time student at their university not while in high school. So when you register you have to be registered in enough classes (I think 5) to be considered a full-time student by the university otherwise you no longer qualify for the scholarship. So you should be fine dropping the class! :)

I hope so! Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Hunter14 is right. You need to be a full-time university student. Your high school student status shouldn't matter
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SmartyPup SmartyPup

@ktel wrote
Hunter14 is right. You need to be a full-time university student. Your high school student status shouldn't matter

Yep, they're right! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0