yconic - 2010/2011 Queen's Commerce Acceptance!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

2010/2011 Queen's Commerce Acceptance!

A photo of fullforceRC fullforceRC
I didn't get my acceptance yet but I think I heard that some people got their Queen's acceptances already (the Chancellor nominees?) Anyways, post here if you got accepted to QComm! Especially those who aren't Chancellor Nominees... are there anyone out there that got accepted to Queen's who didn't sign up for this award?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
746 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
They sent out an email saying they don't generally accept commerce students until April so I'm not worrying about it too much.

I'm pretty sure the only you get in now is if you have like 96%+ higher averages
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Not worrying indeed! =D Do you think a flat 90 will still be competitive this year for QComm?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
marks didnt make too much of a difference last year

i knew a guy with 94 avg who got into ivey, schulich, waterloo math/CA etc but not qComm

plus a couple of mid 90s here on SA didnt get in last year, while some people with much lower got in

they seem to really weigh supp essay and ECs heavily
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GoBarca GoBarca

@Jack555 wrote

i knew a guy with 94 avg who got into ivey, schulich, waterloo math/CA etc but not qComm

plus a couple of mid 90s here on SA didnt get in last year, while some people with much lower got in

How much lower exactly?? 86% ?? 88% ?

thanks ; )
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@GoBarca wrote

@Jack555 wrote

How much lower exactly?? 86% ?? 88% ?

thanks ; )

"What is the average grade cut-off for consideration?

For the past few years, the lowest average from an Ontario high school considered was 87%." Quoted from the Queen's Commerce FAQ page.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You might also be interested:

"How many students are accepted into the first year of the program?

Currently the first year class is 375, however, we may grow to 450 in fall 2011, which means there are more opportunities for highly qualified students to receive an offer to the program."

Time to do the happy dance guys? =P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of jennyau jennyau
Got accepted (:
Went to check OUAC today, and I saw it. However it says that date offer says Februarary 18th but I didn't see it until today and I checked last week.
Typo in system?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jennyau wrote
Got accepted (:
Went to check OUAC today, and I saw it. However it says that date offer says Februarary 18th but I didn't see it until today and I checked last week.
Typo in system?

WWWHHHAATT! What was your average if I may ask =o
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@fullforceRC wrote

@jennyau wrote
Got accepted (:
Typo in system?

Ohoh you're also a Chancellor nominee =P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
My friend with a 97% average and RIDICULOUS extra curriculars and was a chancellor nominee just got into queens commerce today! Our entire grade is so jealous of him, hahaha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Rofl... I'm jealous of anyone with a QComm offer atm =p that's like... 40-50 spots gone! 10% of the offers have been given out! yikes! @@
Was this helpful? Yes 0

got accepted today
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of InstantNoodler InstantNoodler

@nahahaha wrote
got accepted today

Congrats!!!! How were you notified? I thought the Queen's system was down for maintenance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@fullforceRC wrote

@jennyau wrote
Got accepted (:
Typo in system?

Yes Chancellor Nominee, probably played a huge role as my average is only about 91%. My friend who was also a chancellor nominee with same or higher mark has not been accepted yet...weird
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@fullforceRC wrote
Do you think a flat 90 will still be competitive this year for QComm?

87% is the minimum but they say that a 90% average is competitive so I'd have to say yes. Plus that was what I was aiming for first semester...Mind you I exceeded those expectations a bit but ya you're a competitive applicant :)

What are your extracurriculars like?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of axiom2true axiom2true

@jennyau wrote

@fullforceRC wrote

@jennyau wrote
Got accepted (:
Typo in system?

Yes Chancellor Nominee, probably played a huge role as my average is only about 91%. My friend who was also a chancellor nominee with same or higher mark has not been accepted yet...weird

Congrats!

I wish the fact that I am a Chancellor's nominee would kick in soon. I'm in a similar position, like your friend, actually. Waiting and waiting. But patiently!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 90210 90210
jennyyau... you're lucky! i was a chancellor nominee with a first semester average of 94% and i have yet to receive a response!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vsmith vsmith

@fullforceRC wrote
I didn't get my acceptance yet but I think I heard that some people got their Queen's acceptances already (the Chancellor nominees?) Anyways, post here if you got accepted to QComm! Especially those who aren't Chancellor Nominees... are there anyone out there that got accepted to Queen's who didn't sign up for this award?

I AM a Chancellor's nominee, Ontario student, 93%-94% average and I have NOT heard a thing! I am beginning to hate the word "Pending". Seems a little inconsistent - Jennyyau with 91% and accepted already? Some girls from BC are in already also,so who knows what the logic is??? :bom:

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@InstantNoodler wrote

@nahahaha wrote
got accepted today

Congrats!!!! How were you notified? I thought the Queen's system was down for maintenance?

I checked the OUAC site. The Queen's site is working now though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony
It looks like extracurriculars and essays are having a major impact on who is being accepted. I think they were being honest when they say that anything above 87% is considered equally, and even chancellor's nominees might not have that much of an advantage over anyone else. I would love to know what criteria they use to judge the essays and extracurriculars. \:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh btw, I remember posting somewhere that I knew a friend that got into Queen's Commerce already that isn't a Chancellor recipient. Update on that, he actually DID apply for Chancellor, but he didn't get it. So he got accepted on the sole basis that they reviewed his application earlier than everybody else, no fear guys!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
^ Yeah, accept for my friend he wasn't even a chancellor nominee, his application didn't get past school. He's not that involved, only Student Council and some minor things but his avg is a 99. Literally, a 99.0 avg... so he got in.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

I think I wrote my schoalrship incredibly well, I got teachers to edit my essay for me. And spent a lot of time.
I also have decent (student award decent, so pretty good) ECS
Was this helpful? Yes 0