yconic - 2011 Federal Election
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

2011 Federal Election

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Well, there we have it folks. This disgusting, reckless coalition is at it again, trying to make a power grab.

Who's been following the election? Who are you voting for? What are the major issues that you feel should be addressed?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
219 replies

A photo of g93 g93
I don't like Harper.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective
"disgusting, reckless coalition"? It's obvious who you're voting for.
Election's seventeen days before I'm legal. I would vote NDP.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@g93 wrote
I don't like Harper.

I thought Harper was bad but I hate Ignatieff more. The Tory ads got to me hahah.
I would vote NDP but my only concern would be Jack Layton's health. I wouldn't want someone else leading the party.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@heesoup wrote

@g93 wrote
I don't like Harper.

I thought Harper was bad but I hate Ignatieff more. The Tory ads got to me hahah.
I would vote NDP but my only concern would be Jack Layton's health. I wouldn't want someone else leading the party.

I don't like Ignatieff much either. But Harper I have many reasons to dislike, including his not-so-good speeches (both in the writing and delivery).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@heesoup wrote

@g93 wrote
I don't like Harper.

I don't like Ignatieff much either. But Harper I have many reasons to dislike, including his not-so-good speeches (both in the writing and delivery).

People still hate on him because he is the 2nd PM to not have a law degree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective
Watching Ignatieff's address this morning following Harper, I didn't think he's very good at answering questions. Like, there were things he said in his speech that reporters asked him about (even though he'd already made it clear), but then in his answer he would miss reiterating the point he'd already made. I also found this with questions about points he hadn't made. However, he's very impressive on paper, and considering paper is the medium through which government formally exists, I'd far prefer him to Harper.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
My ideal candidate will have an English-sounding last name and a full head of hair.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoctorLawyerDentist DoctorLawyerDentist
I would not vote. I disagree with every parties policies 50% of the time. Seriously, we need a practical party, not one that declares policies just to oppose their competition.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@DoctorLawyerDentist wrote
I would not vote. I disagree with every parties policies 50% of the time. Seriously, we need a practical party, not one that declares policies just to oppose their competition.

Exercise your democracy nonetheless! We are so privileged to be able to vote in comparison to countries in the Middle East that are trying to gain the rights we already have. Why don't you spoil the vote and make the counter laugh while he or she does a tedious tiring job of counting by writing something odd on the ballot such as "Justin Bieber" or something? hahaha

unless you are under-aged of course...didn't think of that
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You need to vote. Not voting is not an option. Pick whichever party best suits you and then rally your MP accordingly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ARMY101 wrote

You need to vote. Not voting is not an option. Pick whichever party best suits you and then rally your MP accordingly.

+ 1 it is our civic duty to vote
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Civic duty. What a stupid reason to vote. It's a nice option to have, sure, but I don't understand why I need to vote. I don't know enough about the political parties and the candidates to make a fair decision, and I certainly don't care enough to learn. I wish people in the same boat as me had the same rationality. When you don't know enough about some issue, the decision you make on that issue is usually based on superficialities. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1s5sLY4hVo&playnext=1&list=PLD1F13C66BFF0EFE9 Why do you think 27% of blacks felt OJ was guilty, while 87% of whites felt he was guilty? Were black people and white people not seeing the same case presented? Or is it because superficialities, such as skin colour, actually make a big difference when coming to a verdict?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Civic duty. What a stupid reason to vote. It's a nice option to have, sure, but I don't understand why I need to vote. I don't know enough about the political parties and the candidates to make a fair decision, and I certainly don't care enough to learn. I wish people in the same boat as me had the same rationality. When you don't know enough about some issue, the decision you make on that issue is usually based on superficialities. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1s5sLY4hVo&playnext=1&list=PLD1F13C66BFF0EFE9 Why do you think 27% of blacks felt OJ was guilty, while 87% of whites felt he was guilty? Were black people and white people not seeing the same case presented? Or is it because superficialities, such as skin colour, actually make a big difference when coming to a verdict?

+1

I'll admit I don't know enough about politics to make an informed decision, and it's only because of apathy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zion wrote

+1

I'll admit I don't know enough about politics to make an informed decision, and it's only because of apathy.

It is your civic duty to know enough to make an informed decision.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You don't know enough.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew

@ARMY101 wrote
This disgusting, reckless coalition is at it again, trying to make a power grab.

You're aware that the Conservatives tried to create a coalition with the NDP and Bloc to bring down the Martin government, right?

Anyways, I don't know who I'll vote for yet. I will be following the campaign closely and looking at each party's platform to make an informed choice.

But, with or without my vote, my riding's going Conservative again. So I really don't know I'm going to do all of that, but I will.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

May 2nd it is!
Ah, I wish I was 18.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@awaysheflew wrote
You're aware that the Conservatives tried to create a coalition with the NDP and Bloc to bring down the Martin government, right?

No, they did not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@johnnycanuck wrote

@Zion wrote

+1

+1

Not knowing enough is a horrible excuse in today's world of instant internet updates, daily newspapers, and instant texting. You have to be awfully ignorant to NOT hear anything about what each party stands for.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew

@ARMY101 wrote

@awaysheflew wrote

No, they did not.

Yes they did. In 2004, Harper wrote a letter to Governor General Adrienne Clarkson, asking her to consider a Conservative-led coalition with the NDP and Bloc against Martin.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ARMY101 wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@Zion wrote

+1

+1

Not knowing enough is a horrible excuse in today's world of instant internet updates, daily newspapers, and instant texting. You have to be awfully ignorant to NOT hear anything about what each party stands for.

Today's world of instant internet updates, text messages, and you are exactly the reasons why people should NOT vote. The issues that politics deals with require far more thought and understanding than inflamed petitions passed around by friends of friends can provide.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

We have rights and freedoms, but with these rights we also have responsibilities and duties. Voting is one of these. You need to MAKE TIME and THINK and then vote.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A forced decision is no decision at all. Choose the null party.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jesseyeahh Jesseyeahh
I can't get over this "VOTE OR U R SO STUPID AND IRREZPONSIBLE, DUUUUURR" mentality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r23sMvXqjdY&feature=related
Was this helpful? Yes 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iwE1si37zw&feature=related
Was this helpful? Yes 0