yconic - 2012 McMaster Business Thread
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

2012 McMaster Business Thread

A photo of greatwallpaul greatwallpaul
Got accepted today...pretty sure many others did as well.

Even though it's pretty much in my backyard, I don't know it that well.

Good luck to all!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of erudite erudite
Got accepted last Tuesday. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DeMarcus DeMarcus

@greatwallpaul wrote

Good luck to all!

Congrats. Did the acceptance letter mention a cutoff & average you must maintain?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@DeMarcus wrote

@greatwallpaul wrote

Good luck to all!

Congrats. Did the acceptance letter mention a cutoff & average you must maintain?

Thanks

82%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DeMarcus DeMarcus

@erudite wrote

@DeMarcus wrote

@greatwallpaul wrote

Good luck to all!

Thanks

82%

Is that the cutoff or average you must maintain?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@DeMarcus wrote

@erudite wrote

@DeMarcus wrote

@greatwallpaul wrote

Good luck to all!

Thanks

82%

Is that the cutoff or average you must maintain?

Cut-off is low 80, 82 is the avg to maintain.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of v70 v70
Question for erudite, I see you were accepted to BAcc @ Brock, what do you have to maintain for that program? (a bit off topic, sorry guys)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@v70 wrote
Question for erudite, I see you were accepted to BAcc @ Brock, what do you have to maintain for that program? (a bit off topic, sorry guys)

75%...according to a friend who already received his package in the mail. I will confirm once my package arrives.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of v70 v70

@Viking21 wrote

@v70 wrote

75%...according to a friend who already received his package in the mail. I will confirm once my package arrives.

What do you think the cut-off will be?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@v70 wrote

@Viking21 wrote

@v70 wrote

What do you think the cut-off will be?

I think 84 is on the high end of the cut off. But I don't know how the strength of this year is so it might be lower or higher. I know a person who made brock co-op with 83 average. That to later in the year. What is your average? I think if you have a average of 84.5 or higher you should get an acceptance by the end of feb.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Viking21 wrote

@v70 wrote

I confirm that this is true. :P Really low eh?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of dents27 dents27
im currently at an 88.25% average, and i haven't heard as much as a breath from McMaster, is there something that I may have missed like any supps?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of joshdmcc joshdmcc
I'm wondering myself... I have a 90% avg and I'm pretty sure there's no supplement. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dents27 dents27

@joshdmcc wrote
I'm wondering myself... I have a 90% avg and I'm pretty sure there's no supplement. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

thats what i thought, because i never received an email from them except for the recognition of my application and the recent open house email
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RobWid RobWid
Guys I wouldn't worry at all if I were you. With you 88% and 90% averages you'll get in fine, I'm in 12B this year and applied to MAC last year with an 84% average but got in, in April, there's still tons of time, try to not get too worried just yet.

12B because calculus killed me and dropped average to 79 (Below the 80 i had to hold), Luckily this year i'm applying with an 84 again, but 84 with final marks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mohammad123 Mohammad123
Hey guys...i was just wondering that if i end up with a 83% average,will i be able to get a spot in McMaster business program. What are the chances?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Inquires Inquires
Does anyone know what the cut off average that an applicant must attain to receive admission to the Business I program?

And does admission rely strongly on the prerequisite marks or are they equally weighted?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PJ PJ

@Inquires wrote
Does anyone know what the cut off average that an applicant must attain to receive admission to the Business I program?

And does admission rely strongly on the prerequisite marks or are they equally weighted?

In order to make sure we meet our enrolment targets and don't end up with too many students, we were waiting until we had all the grade data from the OUAC from first semester before we made decisions on where we needed to set the cut-off for admission to each program. That review has now been done and another wave of offers will go out early next week.

We do not weight the pre-requisite courses any differently than any other course. Admission averages are calculated based on the top 6 grade 12 U/M courses (for ontario applicants) which must include those required specificaly for your program. In the case of Business that is ENG4U, two of: MHF4U, MDM4U, MCV4U. Hope this helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SheldonCooper SheldonCooper
what is the cutoff for early acceptance before 2nd semester midterms?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of XxTajinderxX XxTajinderxX
accepted today with an 88% avg
Was this helpful? Yes 0