yconic - 2012 York University: Film Production
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

2012 York University: Film Production

A photo of Tyev Tyev
Hi! I was wondering if anyone applied to this program ? And if they started accepting people for interviews yet
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of ArlenDuan ArlenDuan
I received my interview date yesterday
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tyev Tyev

@ArlenDuan wrote
I received my interview date yesterday

ya i got put on the waiting list :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of asadyahya asadyahya
I got put on the waiting list aswell...how long do I have to wait?and what if they dont contact me by 17th march,does that mean I got rejected?:S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tyev Tyev

@asadyahya wrote
I got put on the waiting list aswell...how long do I have to wait?and what if they dont contact me by 17th march,does that mean I got rejected?:S

I think they contact you if you don't have an interview if your on the waitlist
Was this helpful? Yes 0

so I still havent heard from york,I'm worried :(
also I'm confused what all should I have in my portfolio?:\
I'm from Pakistan and they don't have any programs related to film production in school and everything I do is self taught. I made a short film last year it's a 15 minute movie for a competition it wasn't great but it made it in semi finals out of 700 entries
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tyev Tyev

@asadyahya wrote
so I still havent heard from york,I'm worried :(
also I'm confused what all should I have in my portfolio?:\
I'm from Pakistan and they don't have any programs related to film production in school and everything I do is self taught. I made a short film last year it's a 15 minute movie for a competition it wasn't great but it made it in semi finals out of 700 entries

If they contact you for an interview, if there is space, your interview is exactly 5 minutes, so show them a video thats 5 minutes long or a shorter video and also paintings or photography that you have done.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erinprysiazzzz erinprysiazzzz
:( I was really hoping to get in, but didn't make the cut. Do you all have previous experience with film?
Good luck with your interviews! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Did you guys hear from them? They didn't take me off the waiting list but they have asked me to send my portfolio...did they ask you guys the same thing? I'm thinking a short movie and some photography work I've done should be good enough
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@erinprysiazzzz wrote
:( I was really hoping to get in, but didn't make the cut. Do you all have previous experience with film?
Good luck with your interviews! :)

hey I don't have much experience with film, I've only done a short film which was just okay and In school we didn't have a film making class or anything, everything I've learned is on my own.I have a lot of experience with photography though, recently started covering events such as weddings and school functions, it pays well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0