yconic - 24/7 libraries?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

24/7 libraries?

A photo of rawrImChris rawrImChris
For the past year now I've dreaded thinking about applying to UofT, considering their program is apparently considered the huge average dropper.

Recently, from a friend I've heard that UofT has a library that is open 24/7 which is really made me consider whether or not to apply to UofT to next year because I pretty much live at my nearest library....

Is this true?

and are there any other universities that have libraries that close at such late hours

okay that's all!
thankQ! (=
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
A lot of universities have at least one library open 24/7 during exam period. Mac has one. So does Waterloo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of canta93loupe canta93loupe
Yeah, here's a chart for Robarts' hours in April: http://link.library.utoronto.ca/library/hours/month.cfm?library_id=109

Not 24/7, but 24/4?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@inthemaking wrote
A lot of universities have at least one library open 24/7 during exam period. Mac has one. So does Waterloo.

So does UBC. So does Queen's. Etc. Etc.

Why are you applying to U of T if you dread it? And if a library influences your decision that much, I think you need to sort your priorities out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@Zion wrote

@inthemaking wrote

Why are you applying to U of T if you dread it? And if a library influences your decision that much, I think you need to sort your priorities out.

LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of deathangel deathangel
Yup, UofT's Robarts (largest uni library in Canada) open 24 hours from Sunday to Thur, all year round. After 11pm, they will ask non-UofT students/alumni to leave, so you need to bring your T-card when you are planning to stay overnight.

P.S. I am in Robarts right now ;P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@deathangel wrote
Yup, UofT's Robarts (largest uni library in Canada) open 24 hours from Sunday to Thur, all year round. After 11pm, they will ask non-UofT students/alumni to leave, so you need to bring your T-card when you are planning to stay overnight.

P.S. I am in Robarts right now ;P

That's epic. Other schools usually only do that during exam periods.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@Zion wrote

@inthemaking wrote

Really?
Are you talking about Irving?
I thought they closed at like 1ishh..
I remember my friend studying there a lot and getting kicked out at 1..
But maybe that's cuz he's not a UBC student.
Was this helpful? Yes 0