yconic - 2nd year UBC student! Ask me anything!
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

2nd year UBC student! Ask me anything!

In second year at UBC as a Health Science (FNH) student from LFS. 

Want to know how I got in? What UBC life is like? General advice about gr. 12/senior year, study tips, and applying to universities? I'll try my best to answer any of your inquiries (:

See you at UBC in September!
Was this helpful? Yes 5
1086 replies
A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I really don't mind if I get waitlisted, but my first choice is UBC science at Vancouver and my second choice is UBC science at Okanagan
My top 4:
Physics 12: 90
Pre-Calculus 12: 89
Law 12: 93
English 12: 85
(Term 1) I know UBC looks at term 2 and I hope to get my average to at least 91% for term 2 and 3. 
My ECs are decent??? I have volunteering at Canadian Blood Services, Kick Boxing since I was 11 and still ongoing (I also help instruct classes as well), Job Shadowing at a dental office, volunteering for community parades and at the local temple.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I’m very similar to u bro let’s hope we come through !!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey, I’m currently an SFU student thinking about transferring to UBC arts. My grades are fair at SFU(tbh not that good which I think is not competitive enough at all) but I’ve heard SFU grading system is stricter, and I still want to try transferring to UBC. I was wondering how high should the grades are they looking for? How competitive for the faculty of Arts is?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If I have a 92% average for both grades 11 and 12, as well as a very strong PP with good ECs, do you think that I am likely to get into UBCO's direct entry using program? Does anyone know what the admissions average was last year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

How does UBC calculate admissions average for Ontario students?

Also, I have IB certificate and AP courses. Will this change the way my average is calculated?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hello, do you think it is hard to change the program I want to study at UBC?? I want to change from Bachelor of Science in Wood Products Processing(Faculty of Forestry) to Bachelor of Science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hi, thank you for doing this by helping all of us with Q&A. 

I am a first year Arts and did not apply for the MES (did not know I could apply). Doyou know of any scholarships once you are in Uni I can apply too? Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0