yconic - 30% Tuition Rebate
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

30% Tuition Rebate

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Anyone know when we will be receiving cheques in the mail?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

6-8 weeks after you've applied and it's been approved.

Careful though, it's a scam.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Oh shut up Army. You're such a whiner. It's not a scam, it's just unfortunate that you or I don't qualify.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote
Oh shut up Army. You're such a whiner. It's not a scam, it's just unfortunate that you or I don't qualify.

It's a scam! The dirty Liberals said they'd give a rebate to UNIVERSITY STUDENTS and then CANCELLED SCHOLARSHIPS to give SOME university students money. Complete and udder failure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@ARMY101 wrote

@ktel wrote

It's a scam! The dirty Liberals said they'd give a rebate to UNIVERSITY STUDENTS and then CANCELLED SCHOLARSHIPS to give SOME university students money. Complete and udder failure.

Wahhh. I'm not complaining about my funded degree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Konn2011 Konn2011
Calling a pot of money by another name is not a scam. In fact, I think it makes sense to cancel QEII and make the money available to MORE students.

The REAL scam, however, is in misleading everyone to think ALL students will get 30% off (which is, after all, the Liberals' election promise).

To OP: I already got my cheque.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius
Does the tuition fee go down by 30% for new undergrads going to uni in Sept ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Konn2011 wrote
Calling a pot of money by another name is not a scam. In fact, I think it makes sense to cancel QEII and make the money available to MORE students.

Fewer students are receiving this funding than would have been receiving the other scholarships. Let's face it, this is just another Liberal promise of hurting the many to benefit the few.

The REAL scam, however, is in misleading everyone to think ALL students will get 30% off (which is, after all, the Liberals' election promise).

Exactly.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@aquarius wrote
Does the tuition fee go down by 30% for new undergrads going to uni in Sept ?

No. They somehow figured that "tuition cost" should be roughly the average of arts/science programs in Ontario/Canada (not sure), which figures out to be a little over 5 grand for the whole year.

So, you get 30% of that, which is $1600 (or $800 per term/semester). You DON'T get 30% off whatever your tuition is.

[QUOTE=ARMY101]Fewer students are receiving this funding than would have been receiving the other scholarships. Let's face it, this is just another Liberal promise of hurting the many to benefit the few.[/quote]

Doesn't QEII only go to like the top 5% of the graduating class (well, 5% of the graduating class and then whoever applies with the best averages get the x number of scholarships)? Most people seem to be able to qualify for this rebate. I get ~$200 for QEII, and $1600 from this rebate. My friend receives $100 from QEII, and $1600 from the rebate, other friends receive $0 from QEII and $1600 from the rebate. Sure not everyone is going to get this 30% rebate, but there's so many people who don't get QEII. (correct me if I'm wrong)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of c12 c12
Do you need to apply for the rebate if you applied last year for OSAP for 2011-2012?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@c12 wrote
Do you need to apply for the rebate if you applied last year for OSAP for 2011-2012?

No, you're automatically considered from this point forward.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Apeng Apeng
Freaking rebate is only for Ontario Residents. Effing bull crap. $%#^% you

:( From BC, studing at Waterloo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Apeng wrote
Freaking rebate is only for Ontario Residents. Effing bull crap. $%#^% you

:( From BC, studing at Waterloo.

Well yeah... it's an OSAP rebate, and OSAP only applies to Ontario residents...
Was this helpful? Yes 0