yconic - 50% of Ivey Offers released next week!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

50% of Ivey Offers released next week!

A photo of greatwallpaul greatwallpaul
Just talked to the admissions team today.

Who's pumped/anxious about the best undergrad b-school in Canada?? :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of Bieber Bieber
wow 50%?!?! do i have a good shot with a 91% you reckon? :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Topiary Topiary
Is it true that they increase the number of acceptances last year and subsequently this year because they're expanding the program?

If I haven't been accepted to Western yet can I still get accepted to Ivey? Will my acceptance come together?

Quite excited.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BudsFan94 BudsFan94
Are you sure 50% of the offers are being sent out next week? I would assume that the bulk of the offers would be sent out after mid terms.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greatwallpaul greatwallpaul

@BudsFan94 wrote
Are you sure 50% of the offers are being sent out next week? I would assume that the bulk of the offers would be sent out after mid terms.

Yes, I spoke to an official member of the Ivey admissions team.

Furthurmore, Richard Wong (admissions team from last year), previously stated that 60% of last year's offers came out end of March.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
They send out 50% of offers at once, then send the rest on a rolling basis until mid-May. I won't get in first round because my average is not good enough atm :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Tyop Tyop

@CMA2014 wrote

@greatwallpaul wrote
Who's pumped/anxious about the best undergrad b-school in Canada?? :compress:

I go to the best undergrad b-school in Canada. It's very nice.

I hear you don't like it there? :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
Guys, dont worry about the marks so much. Ivey looks at applications totally differently than other school in that they first look at your EC's + ESSAY, then based on that discard you or decide to keep you, in which case only then do they look at marks. so the first challenge is to make sure your EC's and essays were good enough to not get you cut off the bat.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92

@Windsongs4 wrote
Guys, dont worry about the marks so much. Ivey looks at applications totally differently than other school in that they first look at your EC's + ESSAY, then based on that discard you or decide to keep you, in which case only then do they look at marks. so the first challenge is to make sure your EC's and essays were good enough to not get you cut off the bat.

What's the point of ec's/essay, if your average is 85% or lower. I think marks come first.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DecemberStorm DecemberStorm
that many people have 6 completed courses? I guess I have to wait til May then (only 4 courses completed and no English)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@bcd92 wrote

@Windsongs4 wrote

What's the point of ec's/essay, if your average is 85% or lower. I think marks come first.

no because based on ECs they decide whether to add to your average or not. plus 90% is competitive -not a cut off. well this is just what i read on their inside track website :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of yls2011 yls2011
So is this first round of offers ONLY for people who've already completed 6 grade 12 courses?

It's hard to imagine that 50% of applicants have that :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mrcass32 mrcass32

@yls2011 wrote
So is this first round of offers ONLY for people who've already completed 6 grade 12 courses?

No it's also based on grade 11 marks,1st semester grade 12 marks and your SAF
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sunny1011 sunny1011

@mrcass32 wrote

@yls2011 wrote

no they only look at your gr 12 marks, it you havent done enough then theyll wait till may to give you an offer
im pretty sure its possible for you to get an offer as long as you have four gr 12 courses done (english must be done to get march acceptance)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@sunny1011 wrote

@mrcass32 wrote

@yls2011 wrote

no they only look at your gr 12 marks, it you havent done enough then theyll wait till may to give you an offer
im pretty sure its possible for you to get an offer as long as you have four gr 12 courses done (english must be done to get march acceptance)

english has to be done? what if you have 7 grade 12 courses, and ETS4U (writer's craft) and not ENG done? (eng this semester)
Was this helpful? Yes 0