yconic - $500 "Ultimate Study Tip" Community Contest
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

$500 "Ultimate Study Tip" Community Contest

Contest is now closed. Watch this space to see if you're a winner!  

Love them or hate them, exams are a part of student life. We want to know what your "ultimate study tip" is that helps you get through (and ace) them! 

Essentially we’re looking for some inspirational advice that will help other students have an amazing academic year. Whether it’s “Don't leave it to the last minute” or “Memorize facts with a song”, we want to hear from you. There’s a $500 cash prize up for grabs!* 

How to Enter: 
Simply comment below using your real name with, “My Ultimate Study Tip Is:” followed by the piece of advice you think will help other members as they prepare for exams.

Deadline to enter is January 29, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m. ET.  

How to Win: 
Encourage your friends to vote your comment as “helpful”. The comment with the most helpful votes at the end of the contest period will be awarded the $500 prize.* 

Only friends that have an active yconic profile will be able to vote. So connect and make new friends in the yconic Community or invite your friends to join http://yconic.com for FREE today. 

Please note: Anonymous or inappropriate posts will not be tolerated nor entered into this contest. Good luck! 

*See full rules and regulations ( https://support.yconic.com/hc/en-us/articles/206119646--Ultimate-Study-Tip-Contest-Rules)

Was this helpful? Yes 126
8058 replies

My Ultimate Study tip is that you should try to memorize the facts using things you already know. If there are dates you have to remember,  try using a birthday for that date, or maybe there a sports player whose jersey number is the same. Also, if possible, try turning the facts into a story. Anything with an emotional significance is easier to remember. Also, you can use mnemonic to remember a list. An example of that would be, Dumb Kids Paint Crack On Freeway Get Stoned which stands for Domain, Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species. If it's funny it's easier to remember. Furthermore, you can always chew gum while studying because if you chew the same flavor during the exam, you can remember more. Also, don't forget to have a big breakfast the day of the exam because food is energy and your brain needs the energy to work efficiently.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My ultimate study tip is to integrate study breaks every hour or so of straight studying. Go for a walk, cook and eat, or even watch an episode of a TV series to give your mind a break to process the information. It also helps so that you don't become overwhelmed by the amount of material left to study :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My ultimate study tip is to start a week early and do a little bit each night!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

My ultimate study tip is to write notes for each section when you go through it during school. So when it's exam time you can review the notes you already made. This helps you save time and focus on the main important points from each sub topic.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A thing I do to help me out is to make loads of little study cards. Most of the time they are not even full sentence questions but the answer contains a lot of information. I don't waste my time making big ones on card, I just have little squares of blank white paper. I probably have over a thousand of these now on a ride range of subjects. I keep all the cards applicable to my up coming exam/test in a small plastic box originally used for playing cards. I keep this box in my pocket and whenever I am left waiting at a bus stop or sitting in the car or just needing something to do, I take the cards out. you'd be surprised by how much time you could use to study when you always have the resources with you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted