yconic - 67 IN ADVANCED FUNCTIONS!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

67 IN ADVANCED FUNCTIONS!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

A photo of 340819739 340819739
For semester one, I got a 67 in advanced functions, 81 in accounting, and 87 in marketing. Most universities want at least 70 in adv functions.
i applied to: (all for bba)
laurier
mcmaster
western
rotman @UofT

does my 67 lessen my chances? will i not even get accepted?

what can i do? can i retake the course somehow?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of KingKhan KingKhan
If it's not too late to sign up for night/virtual school, then take it there. Otherwise do a victory lap.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@340819739 wrote
For semester one, I got a 67 in advanced functions, 81 in accounting, and 87 in marketing. Most universities want at least 70 in adv functions.
i applied to: (all for bba)
laurier
mcmaster
western
rotman @UofT

does my 67 lessen my chances? will i not even get accepted?

what can i do? can i retake the course somehow?

Are you sure they want a min 70% oR a combined average of 70 in the pre reqs. If it's the former, than you don't have a choice than to repeat it somewhere.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nalrad Nalrad
My friend got into a similar situation (she got 68 when the required mark for Adv. Functions is 70 for the program she wants to go into) so she re-took Advanced Functions this semester in day school.

I'd recommend you do the same thing but isn't it already too late to switch around classes and sign up for night/online classes? If that's the case then you'll just need to stay in high school for another year if you don't get accepted anywhere.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rela Rela
I believe it's too late to register for online and night school. However if advanced functions is the only mark that's restricting your acceptance, some schools give you a conditional offer late in May stating you have to retake the course in summer school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0