yconic - 90% and no acceptance from BMOS?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

90% and no acceptance from BMOS?

A photo of Thatguy Thatguy

Hey guys, I am starting to freak out a little bit. I have a 90% avg in my top 6 (Already Completed)and I have no acceptances from BMOS in Western (80s% admission so I've heard).

Is there some sort of supplementary application (excluding Ivey Insider, which I already did) for BMOS? or will they reject me because I have a repeated course?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
64 replies

A photo of prefontaine prefontaine
If it makes you feel any better, I have completed all the prereqs and have a combined top 5 average (took A/F in grade 11) of 93%. I still havent't heard anything from the main campus. Huron (an affiliate) sent me an offer a while ago but I would definitely prefer main. I guess they're just taking their time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AZK AZK
hmm i am 92% and no acceptance yet lol, i have 5 courses complete
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DestinyAwaits DestinyAwaits
I'm assuming Western's main campus doesn't send out many early offers? I'm aware of some people getting in already but this was late January or early Feb. I haven't gotten in yet with a 93% either.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fullforceRC fullforceRC
Omg this is exactly what I was looking for! Need to rant about not getting into BMOS with 90s >o I'm guessing all of you applied for the AEO status... again, I'm really surprised with the amount of people with 90 averages this year. That's 4 out of 4, wait 5 out of 5 now, that posted on this page with an average above 90...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I called Western's admission office, and the gentleman told me that there's a round of acceptances coming sometime this week, with grade ranging 88%+. He told me people with over 90% average should be confident because they SHOULD(no guarantees) be getting accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Thatguy wrote
I called Western's admission office, and the gentleman told me that there's a round of acceptances coming sometime this week, with grade ranging 88%+. He told me people with over 90% average should be confident because they SHOULD(no guarantees) be getting accepted.

Very exciting news! :cheers: I will be checking my acceptances everyday for the rest of this week =D Wait... I've been doing that for a month already :sunny:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of stack444 stack444

@Thatguy wrote

is this for all programs? i assume so..
?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@stack444 wrote

@Thatguy wrote

?

I think he's referring to only the BMOS program...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@fullforceRC wrote

@stack444 wrote

@Thatguy wrote

?

ohh yea, i think so too. i now see his signature says:
"Pending:
BMOS + Ivey AEO"

i have an 89 average and am still waiting to hear from them - i've applied to biomed program. its my top choice. guess ill just have to wait
Was this helpful? Yes 0

That's what everybody's doing =P Don't worry though I'm pretty sure you'll get in with an 89%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ott93 ott93

@prefontaine wrote
If it makes you feel any better, I have completed all the prereqs and have a combined top 5 average (took A/F in grade 11) of 93%. I still havent't heard anything from the main campus. Huron (an affiliate) sent me an offer a while ago but I would definitely prefer main. I guess they're just taking their time.

The reason you haven't gotten in yet is because you only have 5 gr 11 courses. Early admissions is based entirely on your top 6 grade 11 courses. Grade 12 courses aren't considered. But now that first semester is over, and assuming you've maintained a 90+ average, you should be getting your offer this month.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ott93 ott93

@stack444 wrote

@fullforceRC wrote

@stack444 wrote

@Thatguy wrote

?

ohh yea, i think so too. i now see his signature says:
"Pending:
BMOS + Ivey AEO"

i have an 89 average and am still waiting to hear from them - i've applied to biomed program. its my top choice. guess ill just have to wait

The early admissions cut-off for biomed was 91% for your top 6 grade 11 courses
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DestinyAwaits DestinyAwaits

@Thatguy wrote

Thanks.. that's a relief.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
They usually do a batch load of acceptances on Friday's, so check every Saturday and have your expectations at their highest
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Qq wrote
They usually do a batch load of acceptances on Friday's, so check every Saturday and have your expectations at their highest

will do!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Lmao how can I resist waiting until Saturday to check for offers xP NO OFFERS FOR TODAY! :( Countdown to Friday: T-2!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of imsyed imsyed
I got into BMOS but i am an international applicant.

Dont worry all of you will get into that. getting AEO is the real thing.

Btw what do you guys think ? How is the BMOS program in general.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

There is probably going to be some very smart people in the program since a lot of their applicants also applied for AEO. As for the program itself, it is probably just like any other business course - lots of math (especially calc.), micro economics, management of course, marketing, finance, maybe accounting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle

@Thatguy wrote
There is probably going to be some very smart people in the program since a lot of their applicants also applied for AEO. As for the program itself, it is probably just like any other business course - lots of math (especially calc.), micro economics, management of course, marketing, finance, maybe accounting.

The program is quite different from other business programs, it is mostly social science. A lot of the first year courses include anthropology, sociology, anthropology, a management course, stuff like that. From what Ive seen you only have to take math courses if you plan on pursuing economics with the social science degree (either that or there is a small amount of math courses throughout the program). Also, to those of you that get accept/are accepted, could you tell me the conditions of the offer? I called earlier today and they told me you had to MAINTAIN an 83 throughout the year (even if you get in with that mark as the cutoff). That would suck but I'd like to double check to make sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Doorhandle wrote

@Thatguy wrote

The program is quite different from other business programs, it is mostly social science. A lot of the first year courses include anthropology, sociology, anthropology, a management course, stuff like that. From what Ive seen you only have to take math courses if you plan on pursuing economics with the social science degree (either that or there is a small amount of math courses throughout the program). Also, to those of you that get accept/are accepted, could you tell me the conditions of the offer? I called earlier today and they told me you had to MAINTAIN an 83 throughout the year (even if you get in with that mark as the cutoff). That would suck but I'd like to double check to make sure.

Wow 83% to maintain a conditional offer? Dang this year's standards are sky high! I swear a flat 90% can hardly be considered a "competitive" average anymore for top tier business programs @@
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle

@fullforceRC wrote

@Doorhandle wrote

@Thatguy wrote

Wow 83% to maintain a conditional offer? Dang this year's standards are sky high! I swear a flat 90% can hardly be considered a "competitive" average anymore for top tier business programs @@

That was exactly my reaction, I was shocked. I am thinking that MAYBE the person who I was speaking to on the phone misunderstood my question, but I really dont know. I hope it is closer to 80...And if not, I hope I at least get into social science which might have a more reasonable condition of acceptance (seriously though, 83 seems outrageously high, can anyone please confirm or deny it?).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Aware Aware
Could someone please help me with this....

My marks are very, very solid!!

I am planning on taking Business and I am planning on Trent!!
Some people say, why, but I want to make sure my logis is good:

1. WAY better Scholarship at Trent - like triple Western!!
2. I should clearly outperform the students there
3. And this is the BIGGIE!! - I will get an Hons BBA vs a BMOS!! (I have asked people in the business world - and a BMOS is NOT considered a Business Degree!!! Ivey's HBBA iS EQUAL in stature to Trent's HBBA (although, let's face it: Western has a much more prestigious reputation)
4. I will be in a single in residence at Trent vs a double or triple at Western
5. Friendlier students at Trent
6. Nicer campust at Trent (believe me)

I am NOT knocking Western - I am just presenting my logic which is based on facts
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
@trent vs western guy

dont mean to be rude but..unclear as to what you need help on
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Aware Aware
Thanks for follow-up.
It's as I said, I realize that Trent is not as popular as Western...so I am just making sure that my logic makes sense.

I want to make sure my logis is good:

1. WAY better Scholarship at Trent - like triple Western!!
2. I should clearly out-perform the students there
3. And this is the BIGGIE!! - I will get an Hons BBA vs a BMOS!! (I have asked people in the business world - and a BMOS is NOT considered a Business Degree!!! Ivey's HBBA iS EQUAL in stature to Trent's HBBA (although, let's face it: Western has a much more prestigious reputation)
4. I will be in a single in residence at Trent vs a double or triple at Western
5. Friendlier students at Trent
6. Nicer campust at Trent (believe me)

I am NOT knocking Western - I am just presenting my logic which is based on facts
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ trent vs western guy

1. Dude, I respect what you've said, but have a point man!

2. Why are you coming to a Western/AEO post and trashing their program?

3. Everything you have just said is your opinion, and I respect that, but how does have anything to do with this topic?
Was this helpful? Yes 0