yconic - A few questions regarding Bioinformatics Programs
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

A few questions regarding Bioinformatics Programs

A photo of zacharyyoung zacharyyoung
I would like to get accepted into med school, but I also wanted a degree that would have job security. I don't mind doing graduate level work either. Biology and Life Science interests me...but there's not a whole lot you can do with a biology degree unless it's graduate level.

I just recently discovered the Bioinformatics field, which deals with Biology, which I love, and computers/technology, which I'm also very interested in.

I have a couple questions:

-Would this be a good undergrad degree to pursue before med school?
-What schools would be good school to apply to in this subject? I live in Alberta, so naturally U of A and U of C are on my list, but I was also wanting to apply to a couple out east.

My average will be in the 88-91, I expect.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of ForeverPi ForeverPi
althought i'm still in high school, i believe bioinformatics is a good choice for an undergrad degree. Mainly because it incorporates computers/technology. My computer science teacher always love to emphasize the job security of being a computer programmer since it's really unsaturated atm.
Was this helpful? Yes 0