yconic - A good PARTY Univeristy?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

A good PARTY Univeristy?

A photo of Vaishnavi338 Vaishnavi338

When people say party....what exactly does it mean...(underage drinking, illegal drugs, getting laid)...be really specific please?

Within Ontario...what are some party universities for someone wanting a lifesci degree?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
24 replies

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK

@Vaishnavi338 wrote

When people say party....what exactly does it mean...(underage drinking, illegal drugs, getting laid)...be really specific please?

Within Ontario...what are some party universities for someone wanting a lifesci degree?

haha I love it, say the word party meaning to have fun, enjoy yourself and socalise with others and the young people of today jump to: underage drinking, illegal drugs, getting laid. If you don't know what party means, then you won't be doing it so no need to worry my friend.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

This post was deleted

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725

@Respects wrote
York, Western, Mac, Queens

York? I wouldn't really think so since it's mostly a commuter school. Western, Queen's and Mac have reputations for being party schools but honestly I think you'd be able to find a decent party scene at most universities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking

@cherrypie725 wrote

@Respects wrote
York, Western, Mac, Queens

York? I wouldn't really think so since it's mostly a commuter school. Western, Queen's and Mac have reputations for being party schools but honestly I think you'd be able to find a decent party scene at most universities.

^ Agreed about York, also there is literally nothing around the Keele campus in terms of bars/clubs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Your typical rez party is represented pretty well by the media. Perhaps it is because most people on rez look at the media as a certain standard they have to emulate. There will be under aged drinking. There will be illegal drugs. There will be sexual activity of varying degrees of morality.

If you're worried about finding parties... Don't be, because there is an abundance of parties that can satiate each and every one of your hormonal delights. I can say that Western's security measures are far more extensive and serious than I anticipated. There's a lengthy sign-in procedure to get guests in and residence staff often wander the halls. The party scene also depends heavily on the bars/clubs and their relative distance from campus.

If you're worried about being distracted by parties... Don't be. It's extremely easy to avoid parties, and the only difficulty I can see is if you're an early sleeper and you foolishly picked a traditional style of housing. Your floor mates will keep you up with their erratic laughing and the paper-thin walls will reveal to you every single thing your floor mates are doing. Aside from this, it's very easy to simply walk to the library :cat:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
mcgill
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Im not sure if York is a party school or not but it's definitely more live there than universities like McMaster and Waterloo, the social life is great.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Here are a list of schools that are NOT party schools:
University of Toronto
University of Waterloo

But in terms of drugs, girls, getting laid... it's like high school everywhere, but way more.

Good schools for life sciences:
Any. This is undergrad. It doesn't matter where you get your education. They all basically follow the same curriculum. The degree you get from UoT will have the same value as one you got from Brock.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chickenfingerlove chickenfingerlove
Western is legit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CaptainMoUWO CaptainMoUWO
The best university for partying is waterloo. LAN parties so intense. starcraft 4 v 4
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kareemy Kareemy

@CaptainMoUWO wrote
The best university for partying is waterloo. LAN parties so intense. starcraft 4 v 4

WIN. :cyclops:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kiddinaround kiddinaround
Reach Brock. We'll hit Niagara falls and make a strip club run. Best in the province, 10 minutes away.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of petarpoparacrni petarpoparacrni

@rightsaidfred wrote
University of Toronto
University of Waterloo

But in terms of drugs, girls, getting laid... it's like high school everywhere, but way more.

Any. This is undergrad. It doesn't matter where you get your education. They all basically follow the same curriculum. The degree you get from UoT will have the same value as one you got from Brock.

You serious? Getting a undergrad in life sci from U of T would be equal to the one at Lakehead? That can't possibly be true...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@petarpoparacrni wrote

@rightsaidfred wrote
University of Toronto
University of Waterloo

You serious? Getting a undergrad in life sci from U of T would be equal to the one at Lakehead? That can't possibly be true...

It's not. That may be what people want to believe, but the fact is a name can carry weight... especially abroad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of ktel ktel

@Respects wrote
Undergrad doesn't matter, only your GPA does. Unless you go into engineering or business. I heard Waterloo has a lot of parties. People from Mac go there weekly to party.

What does your GPA matter for? A job? Rarely. Grad school? Definitely.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Respects wrote

Unless you go into engineering or business.

*facepalm*
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
Its only a party school if you make it one
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrybloosm sherrybloosm
There was a threesome on my floor. Western's definitely legit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@sherrybloosm wrote

I know a girl who married another girl just to win a floor competition. They got it annulled
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrybloosm sherrybloosm
oh for real? What school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kiddinaround kiddinaround

@sherrybloosm wrote

That is live.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel

@sherrybloosm wrote

U of A, in Lister. They have crazy floor competitions. Sometimes a floor will all give a bit of money to fly someone to Europe or something stupid just to take a picture. Or they'll have to drive somewhere. Tons of stuff.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote

@sherrybloosm wrote

U of A, in Lister. They have crazy floor competitions. Sometimes a floor will all give a bit of money to fly someone to Europe or something stupid just to take a picture. Or they'll have to drive somewhere. Tons of stuff.

A lot of unis in the UK do something similar; generally called "escape (insert uni name)" where participants have to get as far away from the uni as possible in a given time (e.g 48 hours) with no money at all and document it. One guy from Durham I think it was emailed Branson and through a series of exchanges managed to get a free flight to Hong Kong or somewhere similar because Branson liked the story, made local news :).
Was this helpful? Yes 0