yconic - A question about acceptance timing for top tier business programs (and poorly hidden chancer thread)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

A question about acceptance timing for top tier business programs (and poorly hidden chancer thread)

A photo of AtomicMantis AtomicMantis
So this is my third chance/something else thread in two years, but I have finally got my confirmed marks and ECs for the Feb. uploads next week.

Top 6: 93.5-94.5 (Top 6 with Adv. Func./Top 6)

ECs
Captain of a school sports team (4 years)
Secretary of Student council (1 year and a few months)
Secretary of Model UN and Speaker of the House (4 years)
Treasurer of Env. Club (2 years)
Featured columnist for school paper (2 years)
Nominated as a member for the school's 5 person Engineering team (2 years)
Student rep. for a parents committee (1 year)
Employed by the Elections as a Tab. Officer (..1 day)
~120 volunteering hours at various charities and local cleanups
a few honour rolls and some other stuff i can't remember right now

Programs applied to: Schulich, Queen's, AFM-PA, Ivey AEO, Laurier BBA, Brock BAcc

I was wondering what the time period was for the bulk of acceptances for these programs, and when people got their's for any of these programs, as I was planning to slack off a bit after the Feb. uploads, believing them to be the more important uploads. Can I expect acceptances before the April uploads with these marks? Do the April uploads matter more than the Feb. ones? I had been hoping to get some early acceptances with a 91 Gr. 11 average, but I guess not ;_;

In addition, I was wondering if anyone can speak about the BMOS program at Western, as that is the program I have applied to. I have recently heard people saying that it rapes your soul. Is that true?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
I think Schulich and Ivey start in March. Queen's has accepted (very few) people already but I don't know when the majority of their acceptances come out. Laurier's started already too, and I think AFM is in April-ish. No clue about Brock.
With those marks you should get into pretty much everything assuming you can write a half decent paragraph or two about yourself :)
And people seem to dislike BMOS for a variety of reasons lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
congratz on th marks and ec's :P

laurier acceptances: january -ongoing
schulich acceptances: early/mid march
ivey -march i believe
waterloo -afmaa first; they sshould start giving invites now tho
queens -april i think

brock-no idea

as for your chancing: you defs have good stuff to work with- as long as ur pse's and apps were good -you should be in.

..ur scaring me with the bmos thing :P 0_0

^never heard that fact before.. i actually heard bmos was easy.. 0-----0
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
I just hear the BMOS is boring as f*ck. I dont think its difficult, just lots of reading. What's difficult are the pre-Ivey courses you take in your first two years.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
ooh kk
Was this helpful? Yes 0