yconic - A Slight Dilemma: Queen's Science or Concurrent Education (Arts)?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

A Slight Dilemma: Queen's Science or Concurrent Education (Arts)?

A photo of CK26 CK26
Hey guys,

I was waitlisted by con-ed arts awhile ago and thought I wasn't going to get in, so I accepted their science offer. Today I got an email from them saying that they'll be making me an offer for con-ed arts. But after a while, I'm not so sure that I want to go to con-ed arts anymore. Which program is better, or is it not comparable? Please help. Thanks in advance. :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
It all depends on what you see yourself doing in a few years. If you see yourself teaching in four years, I say take up the offer now. If you're still not sure, that's okay. Do your undergrad in science, and see if any careers in the sciences interest you more than teaching. If not, you can always take an additional year in consecutive ed. to obtain your teaching qualifications. Bear in mind that it is probably harder to get into a consecutive ed. program than it is to get into a concurrent ed. program. Also keep in mind the job market, and choose your undergrad courses wisely so that you'll have marketable teachables.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jess93s2 jess93s2
In the con-ed facebook group, some of the upper-years said that you can basically switch from arts to science with no problem as long as you take the right first year courses. So you really only have to choose between con-ed or no con-ed, if you were worrying about that!
Was this helpful? Yes 0