yconic - Aaah! Will I get into UTSG??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Aaah! Will I get into UTSG??

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I applied to utsg life sci,and i'm going crazy here because i still haven't gotten an answer from them.
my first term marks were pretty good (80's-90's) except for calculus which was a 77. So i'm guessing that's why they haven't accepted me.
Here are my marks for my second term:

english-89
french-92
philosophy-93
calculus-80
functions-80
bio-85
chem-84

What do you think are my odds of getting in? Everyone i know already got accepted...Are these marks good enough?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
23 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
It's only top 6 including pre-reqs.. You have seven on your list.
Your average is somewhere around 85 ishhh.. you will get in, don't worry.
My calculus mark wasn't super high either, neither is my Math 12 mark, but I still got in, so just wait a bit.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
It's only top 6 including pre-reqs.. You have seven on your list.
Your average is somewhere around 85 ishhh.. you will get in, don't worry.
My calculus mark wasn't super high either, neither is my Math 12 mark, but I still got in, so just wait a bit.

my bad. i guess that excludes my french mark. bummer since it's one of my highest:/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
Yes, they're good enough. UofT is unpredictable with when they admit you though, so stop worrying about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bluesharpies Bluesharpies
UTSG's loafting rather hard. :\

My application is still "pending review", though I had an 87.5 average as my final marks last semester and strong midterms have since bumped it up to a 92. Then again, I applied to Trinity College so my Trin Profile (which I did a day before the due date ;-;) may be affecting that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of grizzly grizzly
agree with littleroom.
you guys will get in soon enough
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bluesharpies wrote

My application is still "pending review", though I had an 87.5 average as my final marks last semester and strong midterms have since bumped it up to a 92. Then again, I applied to Trinity College so my Trin Profile (which I did a day before the due date ;-;) may be affecting that.

Dunno if it makes a difference, but i applied to New College. I won't be living on campus so i just chose a college close to the science department.
New College isn't exactly selective, so why is UT being so obnoxious?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Don't worry too much. I got into Life Sci back around end of march with Victoria college. My average was something like 86.8. You've got higher marks then me in english, french and philosophy too. I'm also doing IB so I'm not sure how that factors in exactly.

Anyways, take this whole thread with a grain of salt. You won't know for sure till you get in or get rejected. (as depressing as that may sound)

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SpringChild SpringChild

@Bluesharpies wrote

:S i kept checking y UTOR stuff but it says i didnt have anything left to give them. Did we have to apply to a college specifically?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

bump
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iCobra iCobra
Go check. I just got in
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bluesharpies Bluesharpies

@SpringChild wrote

@Bluesharpies wrote

:S i kept checking y UTOR stuff but it says i didnt have anything left to give them. Did we have to apply to a college specifically?

Not necessarily.

I think you only needed to fill out a separate form if you were applying for Trin/Vic. Otherwise, you're probably fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@iCobra wrote
Go check. I just got in

Nope, still pending review.
Out of curiosity, what's your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iCobra iCobra
83.8. Mine says pending review when I click on it but on the homepage when I log in it says that i've been accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iCobra wrote
83.8. Mine says pending review when I click on it but on the homepage when I log in it says that i've been accepted.

How do you go to the homepage??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iCobra iCobra
https://join.utoronto.ca/home-2/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iCobra wrote

i cannot explain how happy i am. i am crying tears of joy!
THANK YOU STRANGER you have made my day!
Today is also my birthday which makes it so much awesomer!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SpringChild SpringChild

@Treemonkey wrote

@iCobra wrote

i cannot explain how happy i am. i am crying tears of joy!
THANK YOU STRANGER you have made my day!
Today is also my birthday which makes it so much awesomer!

CONGRATS!!! :):)

happy birthday :)

whta was your average btw/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bennybenassi bennybenassi
omg -____-" well my avg is 84.2 (nothing to be too proud of) and I went to the same link and it says unable to retrieve info on my application :'( and it says pending review on the apptracking page.... advice? i know the final date on knowing wether you're in or not is may 30th. this is killing me .... T____T
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of bennybenassi bennybenassi
oh btw I'm talking about UTSC, not UTSG................ lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0