yconic - about early admission?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

about early admission?

A photo of CoralVenus CoralVenus
Hi guys, I have a question about early admission...
Do universities look at just one overall grade 11 average or specific grade 11 course marks? cause I am in grade 11 now, but I am taking dance10. I am doing pretty bad in this course, and it will probably bring down my average =.=
so yeah, any help would be appreciated :albino:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of g93 g93

@CoralVenus wrote
Do universities look at just one overall grade 11 average or specific grade 11 course marks? cause I am in grade 11 now, but I am taking dance10. I am doing pretty bad in this course, and it will probably bring down my average =.=

What is dance10????????????????

They will look at your top 6 marks generally (sometimes varies with course and school). They will use prereqs typically (eg Grade 11 English instead of Grade 12, Gr11 Functions instead of AF). Whatevers available thats best they will use.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CoralVenus CoralVenus
well...its a course that teaches you about dance, but its a grade 10 course.

oh icic :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik

@g93 wrote

@CoralVenus wrote

What is dance10????????????????

They will look at your top 6 marks generally (sometimes varies with course and school). They will use prereqs typically (eg Grade 11 English instead of Grade 12, Gr11 Functions instead of AF). Whatevers available thats best they will use.

I think it's the grade 10 Dance course. They only look at your 3U/M (for early admission) and 4U/M courses. That's what gets sent. No worries.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pepper pepper
They only look at your grade 11 courses so you have nothing to worry about. Just work hard in your top six best grade 11 classes because those are what they do look at.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
most universities don't look at your grade 11 stuff at all. from what my guidance counsellor told me, they strcitly look at your six best university marks, including your english, unless you're an international student
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kiyomi Kiyomi
I got an early admission three weeks ago from my University and this is how they calculated my average, and it may be different depending on where you apply, but this is how it was done for me. You self report your grades online by adding the courses you are currently taking, and are planning to take. All of these courses must be 12U courses, so taken in Grade 12 at the university level. Since I applied to Engineering, I needed to have chemistry, calculus, advanced functions, english and physics. The courses you will be taking later on in the year, you report a grade that you predict you will have, and the courses you are currently taking, you report your actual grade. Because I am still in first semester, they only used the required courses that I am currently taking to calculate my average, which is calculus, chemistry and advanced functions, not the ones I will be taking next semester. So basically they used the courses required for my program that I am taking right now to calculate my entrance average. And of course all early admissions are conditional, so they will still require transcripts at the end of the year to confirm you as accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sandralam sandralam
some universities look at grade 11 marks only if in grade 12 you're in progress to complete it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0