yconic - Academic Dishonesty/ Stealing Assignments for Another Student
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Academic Dishonesty/ Stealing Assignments for Another Student

A photo of CoutureCouture CoutureCouture
If someone goes into your elearning course without your knowledge, and downloads your assignments to put them on their own account. What exactly would happen to the person who did it. No one seems to know. Is any part listed about illegal or is it all just academic dishonesty?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23

@CoutureCouture wrote
If someone goes into your elearning course without your knowledge, and downloads your assignments to put them on their own account. What exactly would happen to the person who did it. No one seems to know. Is any part listed about illegal or is it all just academic dishonesty?

Plagarism is illegal. If you get caught in University, they will kick you out no questions asked.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of pandasbox pandasbox
Report it. Make sure you have enough evidence to prove that this person plagiarized your work, and they will likely face punishment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CoutureCouture CoutureCouture

@pandasbox wrote
Report it. Make sure you have enough evidence to prove that this person plagiarized your work, and they will likely face punishment.

He's already been caught. I was wondering if he could face legal action, as he went into my account, and took my assignments.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zefyre zefyre

@CoutureCouture wrote

@pandasbox wrote

He's already been caught. I was wondering if he could face legal action, as he went into my account, and took my assignments.

if it's illegal there must be some penalty to defer people from plagarizing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@CoutureCouture wrote

@pandasbox wrote

I'm sure it's not exactly illegal. If it were stealing a patent or PhD thesis, I'm sure you can sue for intellectual property. For stealing course work at high school, the maximum penalty would be expulsion from the school board.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
There was actually a situation at my school where a student emailed other classmates pretending to be someone else and tricked them into sending him their essays. He then plagiarized the essays and submitted them as his own. Fortunately, he got caught and was kicked out of the school board. I heard he goes to private school now, although I'm not sure what kind of school would accept a student like this. It's really quite shocking that people actually do these things and think they can get away with it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011

@cherrypie725 wrote
There was actually a situation at my school where a student emailed other classmates pretending to be someone else and tricked them into sending him their essays. He then plagiarized the essays and submitted them as his own. Fortunately, he got caught and was kicked out of the school board. I heard he goes to private school now, although I'm not sure what kind of school would accept a student like this. It's really quite shocking that people actually do these things and think they can get away with it.

Yeah, some people really take risks nowadays. I wonder how much he had to pay for that private school to accept him after such a record.
Was this helpful? Yes 0