yconic - Acceptance by coming up midterm
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Acceptance by coming up midterm

A photo of HereRoll HereRoll
To my understanding midterm is when universities give out conditional offers to many students according to their first semester and midterm marks. I have yet to receive any offers and I'm really scared if i dont get any offers after midterms. What would happen after that, do i wait till finals? what if by then all the spots are filled up this kind of thought makes me want to just give up if i dont get anything by midterm
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle
The deadline for offers is May 31, if you dont get one by then, I think it means you arent gonna get one at all. But dont give up until then, because lots of universities keep giving out offers even up until the day before the deadline. After your semester 2 midterm marks, no other marks will matter when it comes to getting offers from universities.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HereRoll HereRoll
thank you for the information. But something i dont understand is that my friends tell me people wait all summer for acceptance and how bout people who go to summer school and etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poeticallydemented poeticallydemented

@HereRoll wrote
To my understanding midterm is when universities give out conditional offers to many students according to their first semester and midterm marks. I have yet to receive any offers and I'm really scared if i dont get any offers after midterms. What would happen after that, do i wait till finals? what if by then all the spots are filled up this kind of thought makes me want to just give up if i dont get anything by midterm

Yes, the March/April acceptances are based on (if you go to a semestered school) the first semester marks and the second semester mid terms. If you go to a non-semestered school, they're based on only mid term marks. If you don't hear anything now, wait until May. When they give out offers, they keep spaces open for their March, April and May rounds. If you don't hear anything by the end of May, start becoming concerned. They have to let you know by May 30. They need an answer by June 2. Most people will wait until they've heard from every school until they start accepting, and like 80% of people don't accept anything until May.
Was this helpful? Yes 0