yconic - Acceptance (or not?)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Acceptance (or not?)

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
So I know that it may be a bit early to worry about this, but what do I do if I don't get accepted to any schools that I have applied to? I have a 90% average and have applied to McMaster, Queen's and Western for Life Sciences and Kinesiology. Do these schools just look at your marks and base your acceptance on this or do they look at your comunity involvement and things like that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
As far as I know, McMaster and Western only require grades. With 90% average, you'll get into those schools guaranteed.

Queen's requires that all applicants submit a Personal Statement of Experience (PSE) by March 1. On the PSE, you're required to list your extracurricular activities, community involvement, etc. I'd imagine that they weigh grades and the PSE equally.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrilynne31 sherrilynne31
Oh, don't be silly! With a respectable average of a 90%, you are bound to be accepted at at least one school. You have nothing to worry about. It is only January. Best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Amal Amal
I can guarantee acceptance into McMaster at least, not sure about the other two though...
But even so, I'm sure you have nothing to be worried about! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of taylor136 taylor136
Queens has a PSE that you HAVE to fill out based on your extra ciriculars.
Western also has a version of the PSE but it is opitional. They will email you when you have to fill it out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nadia93 nadia93
Don't worry! With a 90% average, you'll get in anywhere. Marks matter and so do extra-curriculars. But in the end, students with higher grades continue on to graduate, I think.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Alison.Perovich Alison.Perovich
Hi,

With a 90% average, I think you can get into pretty much any school you want! With grades like that, the schools will be fighting over you :P See what each school has to offer you (financially, as well as academically) and take your pick!

Good luck with your studies! I'm sure you'll get in everywhere you apply :)

Take care,

Alison
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ashleybrough92 ashleybrough92
well they tend to look at all aspects but since ur average is awsome 90% congrats and u should b just fine
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Avrilla Avrilla
With an average that high, I'd say you're almost guaranteed, unless there's such a high demand that they need to weed people out. And even then, you wouldn't be high on their list to get rid of.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kysecord kysecord
You have absolutely nothing to worry about!! With a 90% average your pretty well guaranteed to be accepted to every school you've applied to. I've heard of people with 60 or 70 averages that were accepted to all the schools they've applied to so don't even bother worrying. Some schools just take a while to reply but I wouldn't worry about because you have until May to make your decision. So just relax and wait :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0