yconic - Accepted 2 offers.... Queen's and McGill
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Accepted 2 offers.... Queen's and McGill

A photo of asian123 asian123
I accepted both offers and paid the deposits..... i plan to make my final decision when i get my final IB grades on July 6

Mcgill is my first choice and Queens is my backup...... i dont think i did to well on my final IB exams, so i accepted both offers.

McGill - want around 32 points in the finals

Queens - Want 30 points

Is it okay if i accept 2 offers, and reject one later?
Has anyone else done this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
49 replies

A photo of Chara Chara
I think you aren't supposed to accept two, but I know lots of people who have, so you're probably fine.

I wish I could do this, but all my schools are within ontario and in 101.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessiexo jessiexo
Yeah you're not supposed to... lol but I know a lot of people who have too. Btw, McGill most likely will not revoke you unless you don't obtain your diploma (24+ points, 28+ if you failed your EE & ToK Essay). That's pretty much what they said when my friend called admissions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
Seriously? Isn't that a huge risk since OUAC and Minerva are affiliated and communicate with each other? Don't you also have to pay a deposit when you accept both programs like I know for McGill you pay a $1,500 deposit? How does that all work?

You know what I might do the same, if I see limited risk.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Chara Chara
If they call you out on it just feign ignorance and say you didn't know. I'm sure they have students do it all the time.

Plus, when you think about it, why would they care when theyre making an extra $1500 off you for nothing? It sounds like when you accept two offers everyone wins...except the guy who's place you could be taking lmao
Was this helpful? Yes 0

sorry guys, ill explain the exact situation as best as i can.....

I paid the deposit for McGill. It totalled up to 300 + 1500 Dollars.... however, its my first choice. So, i will not lose that money, and the only thing that could happen is if i dont get the required points (god forbid) then they will return the money to me.....

The problem is, on my acceptance letter, it says "maintain ur academic achievement". So this would mean, get 36/42 points in the final exams, and i dont think that i realistaccly will be able to achieve this.... but ill get something above 30 AT LEAST. It's just that there offer is so vague....

Queen's would be my backup, as they only require 30/45 points (the total is 45 and not 42 as they include the bonus points) and there deposit is around 500, but they will return 350 dollars as long as you inform them of ur decision to withdraw the offer by July 8. And i get my results on July 6.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
Dick move
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

People have no hounour/decency these days.

If you don't thinky ou can meet the minimum requirements, the program probably isn't right for you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

how?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ultraman Ultraman

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

If you don't thinky ou can meet the minimum requirements, the program probably isn't right for you.

+2
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3

Plus you are basically occupying one of the spots that many are hoping will free up, like Queens has a waiting list!
I've heard Mcgill will let you go as long as you pass and not drop by a considerable amount of IB points.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IBDiplomaStudent IBDiplomaStudent
the queen's offer is 30/42 with a 5 in math and english...they do not take into consideration bonus points...
i also know people who accepted both schools.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3

im sorry but i really dont care. You guys shouldve studied more, and dont be jealous because i got accepted to better unis...... i care about myself more than some random people..... and its not a dick move, when i reject one offer, then someone from the waiting list will get my spot....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3

im sorry but i really dont care. You guys shouldve studied more, and dont be jealous because i got accepted to better unis...... i care about myself more than some random people..... and its not a dick move, when i reject one offer, then someone from the waiting list will get my spot....

I was rather on your side...Until now.

Do you suggest that Queen's is better than Laurier?

And since when does McGill make any cut?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nazarus nazarus

@Despondent wrote

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3

K honestly, every post you write, I can't help but think that you're a bleep.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@nazarus wrote

@Despondent wrote

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3

K honestly, every post you write, I can't help but think that you're a bleep.

I am that. Thank you for stating it. Still, there are lower forms of life.

It is clear that Politics and the English Language never made it to the top of your reading list.

Keep on "ameliorating status quos".
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3

I don't know about Ultraman, but JohnnyCanuck has some pretty insane accomplishments so far, and for me AFM-PA is no walk in the park. Why would we be jealous? I could have chosen to accept my Laurier offer, choose my courses, and if I got Waterloo then reject Laurier, but I didn't.

That is a poor attitude to have. I would advise you to take a good, hard look at your morals and consider if that will become an issue when moving forward.

Edit: And what does that study comment have to do with anything?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Despondent wrote

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3

HAHAHAHAAHA!!!!

are u joking!! my brother goes to laurier, and tells me everything about it... its not bad, but very cramped classes, lower placements than other unis, horrible facilities...

Queens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurier

McGill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Laurier
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@asian123 wrote

@Despondent wrote

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3

HAHAHAHAAHA!!!!

are u joking!! my brother goes to laurier, and tells me everything about it... its not bad, but very cramped classes, lower placements than other unis, horrible facilities...

Queens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laurier

McGill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Laurier

What a splendid chap you are. I feel that much happier that I, to Queen's or to McGill, do not head.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ asian123

I usually do not try to flaunt my achievements, but suggesting that I am jealous of you and should have studied more abd you making it sound as if you are suuperior... WTF?

Even if it were true.... WTF?

Not to mention your "better than you" attitude about programs and such.... WTF?

Really?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3

I don't know about Ultraman, but JohnnyCanuck has some pretty insane accomplishments so far, and for me AFM-PA is no walk in the park. Why would we be jealous? I could have chosen to accept my Laurier offer, choose my courses, and if I got Waterloo then reject Laurier, but I didn't.

That is a poor attitude to have. I would advise you to take a good, hard look at your morals and consider if that will become an issue when moving forward.

im sorry for defending myself after ppl called my decisions a dick move.... shut up and stop acting like a therapist
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@johnnycanuck wrote
@ asian123

I usually do not try to flaunt my achievements, but suggesting that I am jealous of you and should have studied more abd you making it sound as if you are suuperior... WTF?

Really?

+1.

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3

im sorry for defending myself after ppl called my decisions a dick move.... shut up and stop acting like a therapist

With your level of English (I say nothing of intelligence, for I believe every person is born with the same amount. Some just do not employ theirs), and your supreme knowledge of the world and all other things, there is no better match for you than McGill.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3

Well, by definition... http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dick%20move

I am merely trying to help. Take it as constructive criticism or ignore it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Despondent wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote
@ asian123

Really?

+1.

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@asian123 wrote

@g93 wrote

@Ultraman wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

@thecookiemonster wrote
Dick move

+ 1

+2

+ 3

With your level of English (I say nothing of intelligence, for I believe every person is born with the same amount. Some just do not employ theirs), and your supreme knowledge of the world and all other things, there is no better match for you than McGill.

which uni are u going to?
Was this helpful? Yes 0