yconic - Accepted to Laurier BBA but rejected from McMaster Buisness 1.. how does that make sense?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Accepted to Laurier BBA but rejected from McMaster Buisness 1.. how does that make sense?

A photo of danselikeme danselikeme
if laurier requires a higher average?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
They may have a different weighting system, or look at different things. They may of also gotten an abnormally high amount of applicants
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mwfm2011 mwfm2011
did you have an outstanding ABS?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thelakeshow thelakeshow
yeah i got into laurier in march but that was a combined average of grade 11 and grade 12 marks so it came to an 86 average. but for mac, i got rejected with an 80 average of top 6 grade 12 marks. that could be it for you too?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of student92 student92
Note that Laurier only takes top six, whereas Mac calculates averages using pre-reqs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of linske linske

@student92 wrote
Note that Laurier only takes top six, whereas Mac calculates averages using pre-reqs.

Not anymore, since last year Laurier has used pre-reqs in calculating avgs for mid-term acceptances.

They still just use top 6 for early acceptances though.

Anyways OP did Laurier accept you early or based on your mid-term marks because that could be why if your midterm marks dropped significiantly
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thelakeshow thelakeshow

@student92 wrote

actually you got it the other way around. laurier takes pre requisities (its the only way i got in in march otherwise my top 6 grade 12 is an 80 average)

MAC only bases your average on top 6 grade 12 marks (the reason why i didnt get accepted)
Was this helpful? Yes 0