yconic - Accepted to U of T St. George?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Accepted to U of T St. George?

A photo of 6x7 6x7

Has anyone else been accepted into U of T St.George?

-Which College
-Program
-Questions?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
36 replies

A photo of 6x7 6x7
I'll start off :)

1)Victoria College
2)Humanities
3)So many questions - when do we get the email/mail, and how do we know if we were given an enterance scholarship?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RhiannaJK RhiannaJK
I've been accepted to Vic for Humanities as well. :) I'm also wondering about scholarships.

Oh! And about Vic One. I can't decide whether or not I want to apply for it. Does anyone know what it's like/if it's worth applying for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 6x7 6x7

@RhiannaJK wrote
I've been accepted to Vic for Humanities as well. :) I'm also wondering about scholarships.

Oh! And about Vic One. I can't decide whether or not I want to apply for it. Does anyone know what it's like/if it's worth applying for?

Congrats!

Apparently on the email, it said that the package will mention it. Oh the waiting game begins.

I'm on the same boat with Vic One. It's sounds truly interesting, but then again, it's taking 2 courses out of your 5 for the year. Innis One sounds fun as well, but same thing about the course choices (except it's only 1 FCE). Then again - 25 people in a class, that sounds great! Ahhh! Either way, Vic One or not, Victoria College requires us to take 1 seminar course as first-years. The deadline is March 9, 2012 for Vic One I think, so we still got some time.

However, like you, I want to hear from someone who actually has taken the Vic One seminars and see what they have to say.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kathleenUofT kathleenUofT

@6x7 wrote
I'll start off :)

1)Victoria College
2)Humanities
3)So many questions - when do we get the email/mail, and how do we know if we were given an enterance scholarship?

it sounds like youre in for a great undergraduate experience! If you have any questions regarding admissions scholarships you should direct your questions to UofT’s awards and admissions office, you can email or call them:

http://www.adm.utoronto.ca/adm-awards/html/awards/mainawdpage.htm
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@6x7 wrote

Congrats!

Apparently on the email, it said that the package will mention it. Oh the waiting game begins.

I'm on the same boat with Vic One. It's sounds truly interesting, but then again, it's taking 2 courses out of your 5 for the year. Innis One sounds fun as well, but same thing about the course choices (except it's only 1 FCE). Then again - 25 people in a class, that sounds great! Ahhh! Either way, Vic One or not, Victoria College requires us to take 1 seminar course as first-years. The deadline is March 9, 2012 for Vic One I think, so we still got some time.

However, like you, I want to hear from someone who actually has taken the Vic One seminars and see what they have to say.

Ohh, did it? I guess I missed that part. :P I'm sort of leaning towards Vic One over the other seminar courses just because Vic One students get to live in Burwash Hall (it's so pretty! <3). But yeah, having a conversation with someone who's taken the course before would be really helpful. I've asked around here a few times but never gotten any answers. D:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pamelap pamelap

@6x7 wrote

Has anyone else been accepted into U of T St.George?

-Which College
-Program
-Questions?

Hey everyone! Congratulations on your acceptances! :)

About me:

1) Trinity College
2) Life Sciences
3) I don't really have any questions (yet!), but I'm really looking forward to starting at U of T in September! I also really want to audition for the Hart House Chorus :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of rvangel rvangel
hey my Toronto status check said that the university has received sufficient documents and they will be giving a decision in the end of february. so this is the end of february right? and my staus check still says pending and when I open it it says file under review.

can someone tell me what types of app statuses do they put up in there? after file under review what kind of status would appear?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of d0nut d0nut
I was accepted for Life Sci in mid February. :)
University College hehe
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EspoirSxH EspoirSxH
may I ask about you guys' average? I haven't received any letter from Trinity yet. my avg is 92, and I think my essays are decent. >.< I am kinda worried now :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 6x7 6x7

@EspoirSxH wrote
may I ask about you guys' average? I haven't received any letter from Trinity yet. my avg is 92, and I think my essays are decent. >.< I am kinda worried now :(

Around the same as yours, 92-93.5%

Btw, U of T and the colleges give acceptances in March and April as well, so don't worry!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Milkberry Milkberry
I got my acceptance email on March 9th.
UT University College, St. George Campus.
My academic average was like 85%? 86%? Around there; not crazy high.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JohnC JohnC

1)Victoria College
2)Computer Science
3)No question:bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rockerchick94 Rockerchick94
- Woodsworth College
- Humanities!
- LOTS!

I'm really disappointed that i didnt get into Trinity and becasue i know nothing about Woodsworth..

Is woodsworth a good college ?
I am a commuter, so the residence is not of concern to me

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Whosaidthat Whosaidthat
-Trinity
-Computer Science
-No questions, except I still haven't made up my mind about if I want to go or not
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blackswan blackswan
So i applied to Trinity, but haven't heard back from them. And now i just realized that going to Trinity costs A LOT! But i dont know where else to apply, i applied to Trinity only because I heard it's the most popular and they have crazy high averages. So, which college do you guys think is the second best?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of americanbeauty americanbeauty
1) Victoria College
2) Humanities
3) None, 'cause it's my third choice
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mnborka mnborka

@rvangel wrote
hey my Toronto status check said that the university has received sufficient documents and they will be giving a decision in the end of february. so this is the end of february right? and my staus check still says pending and when I open it it says file under review.

can someone tell me what types of app statuses do they put up in there? after file under review what kind of status would appear?

This is the step between pending and getting an acceptance/rejection :) good luck!

I got accepted today for humanities new college!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@blackswan wrote
So i applied to Trinity, but haven't heard back from them. And now i just realized that going to Trinity costs A LOT! But i dont know where else to apply, i applied to Trinity only because I heard it's the most popular and they have crazy high averages. So, which college do you guys think is the second best?

People from Trin say Trin is the best, people from Vic say Vic is the best. But I think everyone agrees that those two are the most... prestigious, shall we say? Hardest to get into? I don't know about "best", though. I think that depends on your point of view.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jackkrentz jackkrentz
1) Vic!
2) Socsci (going to major in Economics)
3) How are residences decided for Vic? I want Rowell Jackman, and I want to know how people are placed where they are.

Can't wait for next year!

Also if you're going to UTSG next year like this page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Toronto-Class-of-2016/250186908363633
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of EndlessEcho EndlessEcho
Accepted to Engineering Science in St. George! I thought I wasn't considered for early admission since I didn't know we needed official AP transcripts, had to send them late and took a few weeks for transcripts to get to UT =_= (I took AP classes early). My application wasn't under review until early March so I was really worried haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SassyAmbivalence SassyAmbivalence
-University College
-Humanities
-None yet :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 6x7 6x7

@blackswan wrote

Yeah, people tend to say that Trin and Vic are the most "prestigious" colleges, but don't pay too much attention on this, because it's just hype. I mean, I got into Vic, and even I think the prestige factor is BS. These colleges just happen to attract the highest amount of applicants, which is why they have cut off marks and separate applications.

Is Trin truly better than Vic, or is Vic truly better than Trin? No

Is Trin and Vic better than the other colleges? No.

In the end, the college you are accepted into will only be your residence, or place to go for registration, administration etc., because you will take the majority of your classes outside of your college. So choose the college that seems like the best fit for you, not because it's popular.

You can find intelligent students, famous alumni, stellar professors, and fun extra-curriculars in every college at UTSG. Employers and graduate schools don't look at the colleges that you graduated from, because a U of T degree is a U of T degree. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Vic sucks. You are forced to take seminar courses. No-one wants to take those seminar courses, that's why there's 12 students in each class. Yeah don't go to Vic lawl..
Was this helpful? Yes 0