yconic - Accepting an offer
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Accepting an offer

A photo of naya7255 naya7255
Hello, I accepted an offer through OUAC.
But does it mean that i would no longer receive an offer from other universities?
Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Tyop Tyop
I believe you can still receive offers from other universities, but you can only accept one offer at any given point.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@Tyop wrote
I believe you can still receive offers from other universities, but you can only accept one offer at any given point.

Yup. So, basically you would have to decline the offer and accept another one if you get an offer which you like better. I don't see why people would do that instead of just waiting because it does take a week to finalize the process this way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
I had a question about this...say if I for some reason accepted an offer...but I decide to accept another offer...when I do this is it possible to accept the first offer again?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tyop Tyop

@Viking21 wrote
I had a question about this...say if I for some reason accepted an offer...but I decide to accept another offer...when I do this is it possible to accept the first offer again?

You would have to call the school to explain your situation and they may or may not provide you an offer again. Once you accept an offer and cancel the offer, I believe it just removes that offer completely, thus you are unable to keep changing acceptances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
I actually just looked into this 2 days ago :P

So OUAC is not very clear on this, and I asked a guidance counselor about it as well. Here's what they said.

OUAC:
- You can only accept one offer at a time

- Accepting an offer does not CANCEL your other applications. (However -just because they are not cancelled, doesn't mean the unis don't see you have accepted an offer. They may not consider you for admission anymore.*this is what i was not sure about)

- Accepting an offer means you are very likely to go to said university

- You may decline the offer you have accepted and switch to another university's offer, however that will CANCEL your previously accepted offer. You will not be able to accept it again, unless you call the university directly, and they will decide whether to offer it again or not.

Counselor:

-Asked about the *: she said that universities will be very unlikely to accept you after you have accepted an offer on ouac.

So conclusion: don't accept unless you're more than 100% sure :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0