yconic - Accepting an offer
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Accepting an offer

A photo of xxJunxx xxJunxx
Hi there,

Im not very familiar with the use of the OUAC site and I would appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand.

If I accept an offer today, and lets just say, Queens comes along later on and offers me admission, I can go on the OUAC site and accept the Queens offer? From my understanding, if I do this, it will make my first acceptance not valid anymore?

I would be very grateful if someone could inform me about this.

Thank you,
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of AdJan AdJan
If you accept an offer now, universities can still offer you admission. However, if you want to accept a different offer, you must DECLINE the first offer you accepted. Once you decline the first offer, you are no longer allowed to accept that one anymore.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PancreaticSecretions PancreaticSecretions
If I've accepted an offer, and I'm set on attending that school, do I have to decline my other options for it to be valid?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of napinhei napinhei

@PancreaticSecretions wrote
If I've accepted an offer, and I'm set on attending that school, do I have to decline my other options for it to be valid?

No. Just accept the offer you want and ignore the other ones as if they don't exist. They'll expire on their own. It would be safe to not decline them and just let them expire because, for example, you get a conditional acceptance and, in the end, are unable to meet the conditions. You want to be able to fall back on something. If you decline the other offers, you have no fall back.
Was this helpful? Yes 0