yconic - Accepting another offer - Laurier
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Accepting another offer - Laurier

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
My friend wanted me to post this as she's too lazy to make an account. She had received an offer from Schulich and accepted it, but was waiting for an offer from Laurier. However, when she checked her LORIS account, it shows "Applicant Confirmed Elsewhere" under the decision column. Does this mean she's out of luck?

---

This came as a shock to me as well since I've read that accepting an offer should have no effect on getting offers from other Universities. In fact, I remember it being on OUAC (if I remember correctly) and a Waterloo representative mentioned the same thing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of g93 g93

I've confirmed at another university, will I still be assessed?
Yes, Laurier will still consider your application regardless of earlier decisions on your part. Should you receive an offer from Laurier, you can still accept Laurier's offer and this will void your previous acceptance elsewhere.

http://www.wlu.ca/page.php?grp_id=2256&p=17642#I_ve_confirmed_at_another_university__will_I_still_be_assessed_

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer

@g93 wrote

I've confirmed at another university, will I still be assessed?
Yes, Laurier will still consider your application regardless of earlier decisions on your part. Should you receive an offer from Laurier, you can still accept Laurier's offer and this will void your previous acceptance elsewhere.

http://www.wlu.ca/page.php?grp_id=2256&p=17642#I_ve_confirmed_at_another_university__will_I_still_be_assessed_

Thanks for the link! I've read that multiple times but when I logged onto her LORIS account myself to check, I was in disbelief. Still seems odd that the "Decision" column replaced "Decision Pending" with "Applicant Confirmed Elsewhere". I guess it's best she contact WLU admissions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0