yconic - Accepting offer on Waiting list
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Accepting offer on Waiting list

A photo of Dreams Dreams
I have received an offer of admission from YorkU which I have not responded to yet, the other 2 programs I have applied for @ Ryerson, I have been placed on a waiting list. I believe June 2nd is the deadline to respond to universities and book an appointment for a $450 deposit and to choose my courses. If this is the case, what am I suppose to do if I become considered for one of the programs I want to get into at Ryerson past the deadline? Will I be able to accept the offer from Ryerson past June 2nd? Considering I had to book an appointment and pay a deposit @ YorkU after I have responded to their offer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of g93 g93
I think that you can, but you will lose your deposit @ York

Don't quote me though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of treecows treecows
If you accept York, you'll be taken off the Ryerson waitlist. Call Ryerson and ask, but I think once you accept any offers on OUAC, it automatically withdraws/declines all your applications.

Waitlist is kind of a catch-22 - everyone I know that got in on a waitlist said they were just going to take a year off if they didn't get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nfabiano nfabiano
I accepted my offer to UWO, paid my residence and all, but was STILL accepted to UoTSG about a week later. So I guess you can still get accepted even if you accept on OUAC and pay Rez. I'm not sure how it would work with a waiting list though, it's best to call Ryerson.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Knoll Knoll
If you accept York, you will not effect the Ryerson wait list at all. I called and asked, it is fine. But you will not get the $450 deposit to York back.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Knoll Knoll
If you accept York, you will not effect the Ryerson wait list at all. I called and asked, it is fine. But you will not get the $450 deposit to York back.
Was this helpful? Yes 0