yconic - Achievements & Awards
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Achievements & Awards

A photo of dvan dvan
So, for most scholarships they usually have a section for your achievements and awards, but what if you don't have any? Do I just leave them blank? and do I really still have a shot at the scholarship if I don't have any awards? I just don't see how I can set myself apart from the crowd with an empty section on my application.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of lvanderwoerd lvanderwoerd
Just apply for it... leave that section blank and apply... ive left sections blank and i know it doesnt feel good to leave it blank but honestly just apply because you have absolutely no shot if u dont apply... its better to apply than not :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of threepointonefour threepointonefour
Think back- is there anything you can put there? I've included sports awards, awards I got from work, and of course school awards. But don't forget thigns you've DONE! Were you a competitor in a school competition? Do you compete at a high level in something? At our school, we had a public-speaking assignment, and the top two from our class got to go to district finals. Guess what? We were the only school in the district doing it. So I competed against 1-2 other people and went to provincials. So I got to put provincial finalist for a public speaking competition down, and all I did was come first in a class of 28 people. Also, did you do any University of Waterloo math competitions? They look good too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leila1424 leila1424
I didn't really realize i had any achievements or awards until I looked over some of the documents my mom had kept and i found alot of certificates that looked really smart. i know at our school they give out awards every year for honour role students. they also give out certificated for every little thing you do :) like if you get over 80% in french or any kind of leadership role. so even if you think you don't have any incredible achievements, you might just have a couple that sounds like they're incredible :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dvan dvan
Can I list awards I got in gr.9, or is that too long ago?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@dvan wrote
Can I list awards I got in gr.9, or is that too long ago?

that's probably a bit too long ago, they usually look for awards/achievements you've gotten in the past 2 years (gr 11 and 12)
Was this helpful? Yes 0