yconic - acknowledgement/acceptance emails from waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

acknowledgement/acceptance emails from waterloo

A photo of Vingilot Vingilot
does waterloo send out acknowledgement emails at this juncture? submitted a week and a half ago and was just wondering. Will they wait for aif submission before considering anyone for acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
Well, the acknowledgement emails are different from acceptances. Everyone should be getting an acknowledgement email which is basically "Hey we have your app, thanks for applying". Some acceptances have been sent out already for certain programs such as Urban Planning and Life Science, I think, but others will require the AIF before consideration.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yes, my question then is have you received an acknowledgement from waterloo yet? I have received one from all but waterloo at the moment and just found it odd. Additionally, did you apply to comp sci and the engineerings at waterloo separately or via the aif? Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yes, I received it about a week after applying with my student ID and such so I could log on and work on my AIF and stuff. What did you find odd?

I applied to Software Eng and put SYDE Eng and CS as alternatives, I didn't apply to CS separately as I only want to be considered if I'm not accepted to SE.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Sorry yes my concern is that I never received an acknowledgment, although I have everywhere else. Perhaps I should review my ouac?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of avp avp
hey!
Check ur junk section...
My acknowledgment email was there...
Hope this solves ur problem..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

it was the only email in my junk folder, how does that happen?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maelong maelong

@avp wrote
hey!
Check ur junk section...

wow you got accepted already? did you apply early?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd

@maelong wrote

@avp wrote
hey!
Check ur junk section...

wow you got accepted already? did you apply early?

he said his acknowledgement email, not the acceptance one
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Everyone I know that applied to Waterloo found their acknowledgement in the junk mail. I don't know why it's happening with only the Waterloo emails :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plato plato
This happens at the ISP level. Too many emails sent out at once can result in being flagged as spam.

Put the uwaterloo.ca domain in your safe-list and you wont miss anymore.
Was this helpful? Yes 0