yconic - Actuarial Science at York University
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Actuarial Science at York University

A photo of link link
I was recently accepted in the actuarial science program at york and had a few questions about it.

Is York an okay place to study act sci? It is recognised by the society of actuaries so i was wondering why people have a generally bad opinion about it. I understand uoft/waterloo are the best places to study act sci, but is york really that bad?

Also, can anyone tell me the difference between these 3 strands within the program?
1) Specialized Honours BA degree
2) Honours BA degree
3) normal BA degree

Thank You
:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Go to UW and get a BMath in Act Sci. Its honestly the better school for it - and Co-Op will help IMMENSELY.

Specialized Im guessing is specialized. Honours degrees are generally 4 years, normal is generally 3 years. Honours degrees are also required to pursue graduate studies
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
I agree. waterloo definitely has the best resources for you to become an actuary. they also have test centers for actsci exams available on campus which is a nice convenience. co-op also a big plus. most students who're in actsci finish undergrad at uw with roughly 3-4 exams under their belt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0