yconic - Admission Average for Software Engineering at McMaster Western and Waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Admission Average for Software Engineering at McMaster Western and Waterloo

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I posted a similar post a lot earlier in the school year but since the first semester is almost done I wanted to ask one more time. And also because some of my friends already got accepted to life sciences so early im starting to freak out.

So I applied to Software Engineering at McMaster, Western and Waterloo and these are my current marks they are all pre-reqs and they are pretty much final marks only have exams left

Advanced Functions: 89
English:90
Physics:88
Chemistry:81

In case this matters for second semester I have:

Computer Engineering:
Biology:
Computer Science:
Calculus:

So can somebody please tell me is I have a chance of getting into any one of these schools hopefully McMaster!?

Thank you to everyone that answers!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
Engineering at McMaster and Western has a cut-off of around the low-80's, so yeah you'd most likely get accepted. Waterloo SE is a little more difficult - the cut-off is in the mid to high 80's with weight also put on the AIF. You have a good chance but I really have no idea, obviously can't guarantee anything. I applied to the same programs too haha *fingers crossed*

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ash21 Ash21
Hey!

I just recieved an offer from McMaster for Engineering. My marks were in the mid 80s. Though I come from an Indian system of schooling in Dubai.

McMaster University - Engineering ( Accepted )
University of Waterloo - Chemical Engineering (Waiting)
University of Toronto - Chemical Engineering (Waiting)
Queens University - Chemical Engineering (Waiting)
University of British Columbia - Chemical Engineering (Waiting)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
They're sending out acceptances right now?! I guess the international/out-of-province ones go out first. Congratulations! :)

Now I wait :3
Was this helpful? Yes 0