yconic - Admission for Waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Admission for Waterloo

A photo of desgarron9 desgarron9
Does anyone know if UWaterloo has a policy for taking a course in summer school for the Math faculty? Specifically computer science. If so what is it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of TheCatherine TheCatherine
try to do all your required courses over the year and have AT LEAST 6 U/M credits
i dont think they look at summer school after gr12... after gr11 maybe
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit
For their Math programs, they will take 3-5% off your admission average if you repeated a course or took a course that was outside of regular day school
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LindaS LindaS
I took two grade 11 in summer school because I wanted to take grade 12 courses earlier and also cuz of timetable conflict. I don t think it affected my admission since I get early admission for both programs at Waterloo.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour

If you have taken or are taking courses outside of regular day school and have applied to a program in the Faculty of Mathematics, in some cases your overall admission score will be adjusted.

Your average may be adjusted, but shouldn't affect you too much. I suppose it depends on the validity of the reason and the importance of the course for your program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of madox madox
dont even worry about it. i did grade 12 english in summer school, and i didnt even do well (finished with an 83 lawl) and I still got into cs at waterloo. I actually got my offer of acceptance on december 4th, so you wont be rejected because of doing summer school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0