yconic - Admission into Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Admission into Engineering

A photo of architengineer architengineer
Based on the following CRC scores, what are my prospects for getting into McGill University in Civil Engineering?

By the way, I am a cegep student in my last semester of the Pure & Applied program.

Gym: 34.425
Calculus I: 35.785
General Chemistry: 34.875
Mechanics: 33.820
Humanities: 33.635
English: 31.565
Complementary: 34.465
Gym: 33.390
Calculus II: 32.419
Chemistry of Solutions: 31.820
Waves, Optics & Modern Physics: 33.870
Humanities: 34.010
French: 32.035
English: 36.095
General Biology: 33.990
Gym: 31.355
Linear Algebra: 33.080
Electricity & Magnetism: 34.195
Humanities: 34.370
English: 34.985
English Exit Exam: Success

GLOBAL CRC: 33.755

Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of errol23 errol23
whoa!!! thats a lot of subjects i wish i did those things coz those are so essential for engineering...all i do is bio chem physics math thats it... i dont know about this syllabus honestly...but make sure you do good volunteer work..even if you have 40 hours..do a lot of that... it helps.!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of architengineer architengineer

@errol23 wrote
whoa!!! thats a lot of subjects i wish i did those things coz those are so essential for engineering...all i do is bio chem physics math thats it... i dont know about this syllabus honestly...but make sure you do good volunteer work..even if you have 40 hours..do a lot of that... it helps.!

It surprises me that you mention volunteer work. I've done a bit but I thought the faculty of Engineering couldn't care less about that. To my knowledge they only look at your grade transcript?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of kanzai kanzai
Yea I got accepted into electrical engineering with a 3k/year scholarship...and they only looked at my marks. :bom: Volunteering exp. doesn't seem to metter for engineering...but as long as you have over 40 hours, your good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of susieq susieq
When applying for first year engineering from high school, is volunteering at all relevant?
Was this helpful? Yes 0