yconic - Admission req for McMaster Health Sciences
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Admission req for McMaster Health Sciences

A photo of StudentABC StudentABC
Can anyone tell me if Accounting (course code: BAT4M) is qualified as the non-math, non-science, and non-tech course for the program? Is there anyone accepted by the program with Accounting? Or could you let me know what your top 6 courses are? Thank you so much!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of StressOfLife StressOfLife
I was also wondering this, does science mean the usual bio/chem/physics, or does it include comp. sci. and kinesiology(which is under the physical education category). Also, no technology coures means tech courses such as construction, manufacturing, hospitality/tourism, or does it extend to anything with technology in it like computer sciences? (i realize these may be a pretty stupid questions but i just want to know in exact details),
Is it just English, history/law, geography, arts courses that they want us to go for?

Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
You can use accounting as a nonmath, nonsci, nontech.

Science course = course code begins with S
Math course = course code begins with M
Tech course = course code begins with T

I used econ and adv functions to fill out my top 6 for Mac health sci (along with English, calc, bio and chem).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GaganS GaganS

@inthemaking wrote

I used econ and adv functions to fill out my top 6 for Mac health sci (along with English, calc, bio and chem).

So would a course with the course code IDC 4U9 qualify for the non science, math, or tech course?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking

@GaganS wrote

@inthemaking wrote

So would a course with the course code IDC 4U9 qualify for the non science, math, or tech course?

I'm not familiar with that course, what is it? But it doesn't sound like a science/math course and unless it's info tech, then it would suffice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Would ICS4U count as the 5th credit since it doesn't start with a "T"?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RamanS RamanS

@inthemaking wrote

@GaganS wrote

@inthemaking wrote

I'm not familiar with that course, what is it? But it doesn't sound like a science/math course and unless it's info tech, then it would suffice.

It's called yearbook, and it's basically a mark booster course. The IDC stands for Interdisciplinary Studies Course. I'm pretty sure it's not a tech course. But I just wanted to make sure :D

here's a link to the course booklet:

If you scroll down to Interdisciplinary Studies you'll find it.

:D

http://www.peel.edu.on.ca/student/Files/Index_main/CourseCalendar2007/25_Rick_Hansen_2007_web.pdf

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of futuredoc futuredoc

@RamanS wrote

@inthemaking wrote

@GaganS wrote

@inthemaking wrote

It's called yearbook, and it's basically a mark booster course. The IDC stands for Interdisciplinary Studies Course. I'm pretty sure it's not a tech course. But I just wanted to make sure :D

http://www.peel.edu.on.ca/student/Files/Index_main/CourseCalendar2007/25_Rick_Hansen_2007_web.pdf

Yearbook is definitely a non-math/sci/tech course
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GaganS GaganS

@futuredoc wrote

@RamanS wrote

@inthemaking wrote

@GaganS wrote

@inthemaking wrote

Yearbook is definitely a non-math/sci/tech course

Okay, thanks a lot!

I really appreciate it!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of futuredoc futuredoc
^np :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0