yconic - Admission to U of T St George Life Science: English concerns...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Admission to U of T St George Life Science: English concerns...

A photo of daboy1993 daboy1993
Hi there,

I'm planning to apply to University of Toronto St. George for their Life Sciences programme. It says that they pay particular attention to English and Calculus marks. I have a final mark of 94 for Data Management, 94 for Int'l Business, as well as Mid-term marks of 95 for Adv Functions, 89 for Physics, 94 for Biology and 95 for Philosophy. I have English, Chemistry and Calculus next semester.

The question is, given that they pay "particular attention" to English, what is the bare minimum English mark I should get before I can get an offer of acceptance? My English grade was merely above average last year, and some of my friends with English this semester have Class Averages in the high 60s to low 70s. Will I get an offer if my English is like, 75?

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of senioriatultraman senioriatultraman
Don't worry, my English mark is EXACTLY 75, and they let me in. I also had a 77 Chem on top of that, whoever my other courses are fine. Don't worry too much about it, as long as your other courses are 90+, you have a good chance getting in. I hope that helps.

Was this helpful? Yes 0