yconic - Admissions for Queen's Engineering?!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Admissions for Queen's Engineering?!

A photo of fisher99 fisher99
I'm graduating this year and it has always been my dream to go to Queen's for engineering (both of my sisters went, one did for engineering too!) and I was just wondering if my marks will get me into the program.
Chemistry - 90
English - 80
Biology - 88
Advanced functions - 86
And these are the marks I have so far this semester...
Data Management - 90
Calculus - 96
Physics - 80 (My teacher is absolutely terrible, and i have gotten a tutor so hopefuly this will go up!)

I've applied to McMaster for engineering and to Waterloo for chemical engineering, but Queen's is my very first choice (Waterloo is my third). I was accepted to McMaster in January too.

I also was apart of alot of clubs and sports! Including my school's student council, captain of the senoir girls soccer team this year, and I am a gold level figure skater! (if the universities paticularly care :P)

I just need some opinions on whether I will get into Queen's or not :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of steele steele
Those are good marks, high 80's average in the 5 prerequisite subjects, which definitely puts you in great position for acceptance! Plus, those are some really good EC's, I would think that you're very likely to be accepted! :cheers:

Queen's Engineering really appealed to me as well, I just wish they'd communicate with us better!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Seymz Seymz
These are definitely some good credentials. You have a good chance, in my opinion. But remember, I'm not the admissions officer. Nevertheless, those are pretty good grades and great EC's. I think you have a shot. Queen's is my top choice also, for engineering. Hopefully I'll see you there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hopefully! Its been my dream to go there since I was 12!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of matt1212 matt1212
I just got accepted today! I had around a 93% average, my major ECs were captain of men's varsity soccer, hockey and rugby, 2 week service trip in el salvador, and some random volunteering hours.. I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I think you have a good chance! good luck and let me know if you get in!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Penguineer Penguineer
I got in today with an 89 average first semester with average ECs so I think you have a very good chance. I doubt my PSE contributed much, it wasn't that great haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Penguineer wrote
I got in today with an 89 average first semester with average ECs so I think you have a very good chance. I doubt my PSE contributed much, it wasn't that great haha.

Same haha, I wrote my PSE the day it was due in like 40 mins max
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
Yeah! Queen's Eng Class of 2015!! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

you guys should join the facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_202131219816434
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fear4nwo fear4nwo
I think you will get into Queen's considering you have strong EC's and a decent average. And ya join that fb page ^
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I just got accepted last night! So I guess I had nothing to worry about :D and ill join the group :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@fisher99 wrote
I just got accepted last night! So I guess I had nothing to worry about :D and ill join the group :)

awesome, congrats:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0