yconic - Admissions into McGill biomed?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Admissions into McGill biomed?

A photo of yifanzhang yifanzhang
I'm a grade twelve student right now, and I really want to get into the biomed/life sci program at McGill. My marks right now are:
Functions: 95
Chemistry: 90
Biology: 90
Core French: 96

My average last year was around 94, with all U courses (except for one M):
Art: 99
Accounting: 97
French: 90
Functions: 93
Law: 95
Media: 91
Biology: 94
Chemistry: 91

I'm thinking my average (top six incl. prereqs) will be around a 93.
The cutoff for McGill biomed is right around my average right now, and I'm wondering if anyone knows my chances of being accepted? I know it's a highly competitive program.
Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@yifanzhang wrote
I'm a grade twelve student right now, and I really want to get into the biomed/life sci program at McGill. My marks right now are:
Functions: 95
Chemistry: 90
Biology: 90
Core French: 96

My average last year was around 94, with all U courses (except for one M):
Art: 99
Accounting: 97
French: 90
Functions: 93
Law: 95
Media: 91
Biology: 94
Chemistry: 91

I'm thinking my average (top six incl. prereqs) will be around a 93.
The cutoff for McGill biomed is right around my average right now, and I'm wondering if anyone knows my chances of being accepted? I know it's a highly competitive program.
Thanks!

The lowest entrance average last year was 92.7%...very hard to say with McGill. Perhaps you should start a thread on this forum and see who is applying for the program and where they are with their marks.I see a lot of very high marks in this forum but most people seem to applying for UBC or Mcmaster Health Science. If you look at McGill statistics, every year their entrance average seems to be going up so good luck and hope you do get in!

Was this helpful? Yes 0