yconic - Admitted to alternate program at UTSC
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Admitted to alternate program at UTSC

A photo of heylooklisten heylooklisten
I got accepted to UTSC today for Social Sciences, but I applied for the Co-op Social Sciences.

2/3 of my marks last semester weren't the best, but one of them was great. Also, I fast tracked I took Philosophy and Creative Writing last year, both of which I did well in. So that's five 12 courses I've completed, two of which sucked. The average is decent.

BUT I think I'm going to do really well this semester with the four I have now (English included), giving me lots of new courses to fill in those two crappy ones from last semester, rounding up my Top 6 into a better average.

Do you think they'll reconsider for Co-op, since they haven't even seen my midterm marks yet?

+ Has this happened to anyone so far, in any university?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of slader23 slader23
yea I applied to UTSC coop management and my average is 91% but the portal says I got into an alternate program...I don't really care because I will hopefully be going to Queens BCOMM so its not a biggie just a little weird that they would not put me into coop.....

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jordan23 Jordan23

@slader23 wrote
yea I applied to UTSC coop management and my average is 91% but the portal says I got into an alternate program...I don't really care because I will hopefully be going to Queens BCOMM so its not a biggie just a little weird that they would not put me into coop.....

wow.. If people are getting into alternate program for co-op management with a 91% average, I'm gonna sht myself.. I guess I'll get pre-management.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yea man its kinda weird that they would do that...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bulletxstar bulletxstar
I just found out I received an alternate offer from UTSC (Cringe), but I can't figure out what the alternate offer is. Anyone help?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I want to know as well....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of heylooklisten heylooklisten

@bulletxstar wrote
I just found out I received an alternate offer from UTSC (Cringe), but I can't figure out what the alternate offer is. Anyone help?!

It should say so on your Application Status - for me, it showed Co-Op Social Sciences and next to it, the explanation that I got admitted to an alternate program. Under that, it said Social Sciences and 'Application Received', meaning that's what I got into.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of idylle10 idylle10

@slader23 wrote
I want to know as well....

I have the same average and got the alternative offer to reg management.

May I ask how your ECs are? Honestly I don't even want to go to UTSC but the sheer rejection from coop program is surprisingly painful.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
I have a 93 average, and I didn't even apply for co-op, yet I have no answer. o_O
Was this helpful? Yes 0

OMG I just checked I AM admitted!! WOOT :D

Weird, because it isn't shown on OUAC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of idylle10 idylle10
^ haha congrats :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@idylle10 wrote
^ haha congrats :)

Thank you :D